Review: Upgraded 168 bulbs to LED

blue900

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Here is My experience replacing the stock 168 bulbs with LED's from superbrightleds.com on my 81 special, Daily Rider

Gauge back-light Bulbs 2ea cool white WLED-WHP5 (new look, brighter but not to bright.)

High Headlight Indicator 1ea Blue WLED-BHP5 looks great, hardly used

Neutral Indicator 1ea Green WLED-GHP5 Nice bright green

License Plate 2ea Red WLED-RHP5 The base on these is a circuit board instead of the wire contacts and Plastic, initially they did not work pushed in all the way, I pulled them out of the sockets a bit and they work fine and have not moved yet even on the interstate for 30 miles at 70mph. been in 2 weeks of commuting at 55mph.

Turn Signal Indicator 1ea amber 1watt WLED-ALX, I did not know if it would Fit, It does and works perfectly without any wiring mods, Very Very bright just what i wanted. I think it was $10
NO Resisters needed, much brighter than the stock light and you can see it in the day from the corner of your eye so the turn signal is not left on, a great safety addition. Note it is very obnoxious at night

Very happy:) with the results and saving some power for other stuff. About $50 total

Next Switch the Signals to LED Running light/Turn signals.

Attachments

• led-168-replacements.jpg
    led-168-replacements.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Back