Revs straight up whenever started

Ok, check all your packaging, I'm sure that those barbs would come with caps. Might have fallen out in all the excitement of opening them up???

Can't plug them with your thumb?

Ok, make sure your smokes/bong/crack pipe are outside the shed!
Those barbs couldn't be float chamber overflow could they?
might be time to chill out & save yourself up for tomorrow?

When you say there is plenty of movement on the cable do you mean the top or the bottom cables as you have to adjust all the cables,

Yeah I did that. Kinda. I put the stock carbs on it (even though it was a major pain in the a$$). It ran fine. The problem is definitely in the carbs.

Truthfully, Yamaman I have no idea what those damn barbs are. The extent of my knowledge of carbs is limited. I know small engines mainly and what I know about cars is from a year when I was 15 that I spent rebuilding a 68 Mustang. Seeing how that was 10 years and many beers ago. It's extra limited anymore.

Jay on the Dellortos they come with a single cable and a splitter. I checked every bit of the cables up and down.

Might seem like a strange question but are your carbs supposed to be rubber mounted and not mounted internally with a clamp around the carb,

Last edited:
- those barbs are the float bowl pressure equalisers - most carbs have these internally - here they are normally piped to the area between the air filter and carb, however you can also simply hang the pipe downwards

Thanks guys I'm gonna go do some school stuff then I'll be back. I'll scrape off the gaskets and put some black goo around the manifolds and try again.

Big Jimmy, try unhooking the throttle cable from the bar's to where it pick's up the two smaller cable's to the carb's. On the carb's, back off the cable adjuster's on the top's of the carb's. Then start 'er up and see what happen's. If you are still reving wide open, then the slide's are not in the bore's correctly. They do only fit one way. If the bike run's allot slower now, your cable's are out of adjustment.
So, you should have the carb's mounted up with the two cable's ( one from each carb) dangleing. There should be some of the inner cable( the one's that do the actual pulling,) sticking out of the sheath or outer cable.Not a whole lot, but some.
Inxs is correct in stating that those barb's are the bowl vent's. No vacuum should be there. I definately understand your frustration, all that money and they are not working like they should. Mike's stuff, for the most part, is good. But they definately lack any instruction on install or trouble shooting. Keep us posted, OK? Good luck.,,,Gordo

Last edited:
Back