Riding the XS650

pamcopete

Ride.Enjoy.Life is Simple
Reaction score
I rode my '81/H today for the first time in a couple of months. I had been riding my Hondas during that time as the XS650 had its PAMCO ignition removed while I developed a new advance rod for the E-Advancer that is simpler and cheaper. So, it was good to get back in the XS650 saddle. I like my Hondas, but there is something special about the XS650 experience. As I continue the development of the advance rod, I will be riding it more often. Great bike!

In the process of developing the advance rod, I learned once again that designing something simpler and cheaper is more difficult than complex and expensive!

Hi Pete,
as I remember the quote, Neville Shute said "An engineer is someone who can do for ten bob what any damn fool can do for a quid."

The bike that started it all so to speak. The fun factor of riding a bike that makes you ride it. A nice day on a country road nothing better. :thumbsup:

took mine out for a 30+ mile ride today after swapping in a new reg/rec. been off the road for a week or so. know exactly what you mean. love this bike!

I got out on the XS2 the other day, put a little over 100 miles on it. The bike is still running and starting great with the Pamco and electronic advance on it. I have been riding the Z1900's. The XS2 is quite the different animal.

Attachments

• Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 017.jpg
    Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 017.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 138
Back