1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Right now I'm listening to...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by I am Carbon, Jul 8, 2012.

1. I am Carbon

I am Carbon shade tree mechanic XS650.com Supporter

So what's happenin' in your psyche?

2. Saggs

Saggs XS650 Enthusiast

Nice video, I just finished listening to some Zeppelin, Houses of the Holy, and a Collective Soul album. Spent a long day hoeing out the garage finished it up with a nice meal my wife cooked. Then a Heddy Topper beer in the Outdoor Shower- Pure heaven for me.. thankyou:thumbsup:

3. I am Carbon

Saggs , great muzak your listing to.

Boog likes this.
  4. Purplezinger

Purplezinger XS650 Addict

I like nearly all music. In classical it's, Handel, Mozart and Vivaldi, in early Rock and Roll it' Chuck Barry, early Elvis and Buddy Holly. In folk there's only one, Bob Dylan. In bluegrass it's Flatt and Scruggs. In country there's no one close to Keith Whitley. Today, however I'm listening to the Americana genre and very early Bill Monroe.

5. I am Carbon

Purplezinger, Bill Monroe brings me back to my childhood,In the blueridge mountians of N.C. :thumbsup:

Boog likes this.
  6. Purplezinger

When I was very young (before TV) radio was how you got news, weather and entertainment. The Grand Old Opry, Renfro Vally Hoedown and others were what we listened to. Now, because of technology like Pandora, Spotify, Netflix and YouTube I can reconnected with obscure and sometimes amazing music of the past. Blue Moon of Kentucky always brings tears to my eyes as it was my grandmothers favorite.
    There are many descriptions of the Blue Ridge Parkway and none are adequate. We rode the parkway twice a year from 1985 through 2003 and several times since. Truly astounding.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  7. Kingwj

Kingwj I know nothing, nothing!

Thorogood used to play my local watering hole around 1974. They'd raise the price of beer a dime and we'd hop on the bikes and change bars, that's about all I remember. Ah, the good old days.

8. JAGUARGOD

JAGUARGOD XS650 Addict

Kingwj...would that be the Stone Balloon....? East end cafe? Im guessin Im older than you but I remember them. Saw Warren Zevon at the Balloon....the place at the tracks , the name escapes me.....damn Im old...lotsa good music in Newark.....Kev.

9. JAGUARGOD

JAGUARGOD XS650 Addict

Hittin me in the heart....all I heard til I was 14 or so was "hillbilly" music...still love it.
    Bluegrass, true country and early rock and roll . Kev.

10. I am Carbon

11. xjwmx

xjwmx XS650 Guru Top Contributor

U.S.A.
    The rain. It's so rare here the natives are running around in the street wondering what's happening.

12. Purplezinger

I'm jealous, you saw Zevon live. So, under-appreciated.

13. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    It's hard to picture somebody as under appreciated when everybody in the country has heard their name.

14. JAGUARGOD

JAGUARGOD XS650 Addict

Yeah , really....the Balloon is a small place too. I was less than 8 ft from him.
    There was more black leather in that place than I have ever seen before.....that was a good time...kev.

15. Purplezinger

We need rain here, haven't had any real rain for a month.

16. I am Carbon

17. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    Kids running around wild and screaming in the library that has wireless access.

18. Kingwj

Kingwj I know nothing, nothing!

Deer Park is the bar by the tracks, no my local bar was the Buggy Tavern on Marsh Rd in Wilmington. Balloon is gone, torn down and turned into condos but the Deer Park lives on in immortality.

19. Roy Orbison and friends, A Black and White Night.......on netflix.

20. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    ^The other night George Noory played Orbison's In Dreams as bumper music during a ghost show. I was half asleep and it really creeped me out, as it sounded like ghosts floating through the air or something. Then someone said it was used in Blue Velvet. Creepy song.

YamadudeXS650C likes this.