Right now I'm listening to...

OK Heavy Metal Fans (there must be a few of you out there), imagine a premier female blues guitarist doing a cover of "War Pigs" (Black Sabbath) . I was standing about 20 feet from her in 2014 at the Chenango Blues Festival when she finished her blistering blues set with this number:

Just checked to see who is on stage at the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival this year, and discovered that Jimmy LaFave died recently. I actually don't know much about him, but he had a great voice:

Outdoor music festivals are my cocaine.
upload_2017-7-13_15-55-49.png

Let's see, Jays at the Tigers this weekend, I heard a rumor there'd be some xs650s rolling through motor city tomorrow, so Detroit's own... He's the real deal... Kid Rock? Naw...
Love it !!
So cool that Jack has played vintage guitars; I believe that this is his Montgomery Ward Airline model.
Sounds much like the 60's Silvertones (Sears and Roebuck) with the lipstick pickups.

Skimmed a couple pages but didn't see him mentioned. Surely we got some Sturgill Simpson fans around here?

Well we do now. Awesome "8" Now that's a band! Had momma and I prancing round the living room like we were 20 again! Thanks!
The guitar spike at the end, just like a Jose Bautista bat flip. Love it!
Thats what I call "burnin' up the stage" !!

You can't link to a certain point in a video on this forum :(

Last edited:
Laura Branigan.......The girl could sing! Reallllll Fine. Yeah, she went too soon. I got a couple of her albums. The old style records. I spin them now and again.

Back