Right now I'm listening to...

Now THAT would have been cool.
Ya, we grew up fast in those days. Old enough to want to go 12 going on 20, young enough that there was no way it was going to happen.

Another Woodstock fav.......

One of my all time favourites. Alvin Lee at the time was the worlds fastest guitarists.

Love the watermelon on the shoulder at the end of the clip. Hippy from way back. LOL

GW

G'day,

I am listening to James Taylor's "Far Afghanistan".

Very haunting, especially to veterans now. I think it has quite a message to downtown USA/Allies.

Sorry tried to download the You Tube version but, being an old geezer could not get it to work.

Peace.

GW

Now for something completely different. A few years ago I saw the movie The Decendants with George Clooney, where he played one of the last Decendants of Hawaiian royalty, the movie was of course set in Hawaii and the soundtrack was almost entirely made up of Hawaiin slack key guitar masters. This for me was a revelation. I have never really been exposed to it before and I found the music to be very beautiful. It is very different, which can be polarizing, the vocals especially, since it tends to be in native tongue. The guitar work is some of the most mellow and soothing I've ever heard. I sometimes put this on while reading or relaxing. Anyways here are a couple of samples. PS, if you don't like it, don't be a hater! Haha

Here's another little ear worm that I can't get out of my head. Lately I have been playing this song almost daily.
The Dead South

I enjoyed that one !
I can see how it can be your earworm.
The other day I put Black and White Night on the garage stereo while prepping for a full day ride, and OOby Dooby was the last song I heard. It became my earworm for 10 hours. Great song for an earworm.

The juxtaposition of Sonny Chillingworth and Rammstein just gave me whiplash.
:eek:

That's hysterical! :laugh:
My tastes in music really are all over the place. In my world 70's era rock and blues are the heavy lifters. But I can, and do appreciate everything from classical to bluegrass and country to Frank Sinatra. and every once in awhile the eclectic, like Hawaiian.

Bob, I loved those. And some classic Zeppelin. I guess my musical tastes pretty much run the gamut like you guys.

The term 'ear worm' was a new one to me but slowing things down, here is one of mine and a popular 'request' around the backyard firepit.

Bob, I loved those. And some classic Zeppelin. I guess my musical tastes pretty much run the gamut like you guys.

The term 'ear worm' was a new one to me but slowing things down, here is one of mine and a popular 'request' around the backyard firepit.

I really liked that one Robin. It's one of the great regrets of my life that I never learned to play the guitar. I bought a really nice Yamaha steel string, 6 string in my youth but never messed with it enough to learn how to play. My oldest son took it over when he was in high school and learned how to play. You have something like this, don't you? I looked it up once, when you mentioned it.
One of my favorite songs to play around the campfire on my 77 Yamaha FG-351SB.
image.jpeg

Wow, Bob, Yup, that's one of my baby's, actually my favorite guitar, A 77' to match my bike. I don't remember posting that, man you've got a good memory.....lol.

My memories good, just short.

Back