Right now I'm listening to...

Donna the Buffalo

I'm mixing in some Fairport Convention and Cowboy Junkies.
Your music is resonating up here in CNY, Marty, as you might expect. DTB is essentially a local band which I enjoy every year at Grassroots in Trumansburg, and I've got Richard Thompson's "Live at Austin City LImits 2006 " on the cd player right now.

Oh Motorhead!!!!!!

RIP Lemmy Kilmister will be missed he was one hell of a guy.
Sure was!..let me in the stage door out the back of the then Jet Club in Coolangatta in 1984....Id hitched over 100 miles to see Motorhead play....
Got a ride in a truck straight away all the way there arriving ten hours before the show....so I had a few drinks beforehand.
When I rocked up at the Jet club around 9pm the doorstaff wouldnt let me in.....something about being too drunk!...too drunk??? I was still standing and had gone to great efforts to get there...what was I to do????
I walked around the block to the rear of the building and there at the back door stood Lemmy, reading a book, I introduced myself , told him my story and he stuck a large bottle of VB in my hand and ushered me inside to a spot behind the stage behind a big stack of speakers!!!
I met Lemmy, he got me a drink, and got me into the show.
REST IN PEACE LEMMY!!!
up there playing bass with Hendrix so I hear

On sundays, I often play contemplative music in the morning.
To start off this sunny but frigid one while building up the fire in the woodstove, I put on The Guo Brothers (1990),
original Chinese music played on original instruments of the type we never see this side of the pond.

20thBDgeneraNgBk17sht737-251 sm.jpg

Last edited:
I find those retrospective TV shows the networks put on this time of year to be mostly annoying, altho I do admit to doing a bit of looking back at 2017, and the loss of Gregg Allman stands out the most.
Check out the guitar work by Dickie and Warren:

For those of you who love blues rock, it doesn't get any better than this...Best played LOUD.

Last edited:
^He's much better without all the over-production. Lots of talent, but poor taste :)

Back