Right now I'm listening to...

It's Tues and I've still got the Monday blues.... Check out the bend around 3:33 absolutely brilliant. Intro by Sonny Boy Williamson is worth watching on its own.
What a great performance and intro !!
Thanks for sharing !

And a very cool electric guitar, I'm guessing late 50's or early 60's.
Can anyone identify it?

Les Paul himself
I had the chance to meet Les Paul one time, but I had something better to do...can't remember what it was. I was in NYC visiting a friend I went to college with who was a pro musician and acquaintance of Paul's. Would have been sitting at his table at the Iridium :)

Never get tired of this song by the Dixie Dregs. Night Meets Light. Best to listen thru headphones or just really loud!

I blindly went into a club called THE ATTIC in Greenville, NC in 1979. I paid the cover charge and was treated to this. Amazing!

In 1986, while living in Boston, I went out to dinner with friends, and afterwards went with the suggestion of dropping into Ryles, the oldest jazz club in Cambridge, to see what was happening.
The band on the ground floor stage was on break,

ryles-jazz-club-boston-ma.jpg

...so we climbed the stairs to the second floor,
stumbling into Mick Hucknall's wildly flailing red hair just a few feet in front of us.
We stayed upstairs.

Last edited:
You probably would have remembered that.

I think it was the x-mas after 9/11 and I wanted to get to ground zero immediately so we split up. He had a walk-up on 72nd directly across the street from the entrance where John Lennon was shot. He witnessed 9/11 and was afraid of another attack over the holidays so I said if your place is going to be empty let me stay there and he said sure and I took Amtrak up from Chicago.

Back