1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Right now I'm listening to...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by I am Carbon, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

From the Dr. Demento show , remember him? :D

The boobs a lot song

9BAD123B-DB3E-4CF7-A9CC-2911EDA835E0.jpeg

gggGary and MaxPete like this.
  2. xjwmx

xjwmx XS650 Guru Top Contributor

U.S.A.
  3. Wordman

Wordman XS650 Enthusiast

Since we're on the subject of breasts...

TwoManyXS1Bs, MaxPete and Mailman like this.
  4. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

RIP Peter Fonda.
    Long live John Kay !

MaxPete, Michaelo and Mailman like this.
  5. xjwmx

U.S.A.
  6. wildav

wildav XS650 Enthusiast

My very first concert . Steppenwolf and Three Dog Night at Kiel Auditorium In St.Louis spring of 1969.

MaxPete likes this.
  7. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    Nobody listened to my selection.

8. Wordman

Wordman XS650 Enthusiast

It's... erm... interesting... yeah, that's it... interesting...

9. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    Got to listen to the text. Lyrics I mean. Lyrics.

nighthog likes this.
  10. Wordman

Wordman XS650 Enthusiast

That's why I said it was interesting...

11. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    What did your cat think?

12. MaxPete

MaxPete Life with Lucille...I suggest, she decides. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

End of the Line by the Travelling Wilburys (which is, IMHO, the best motorcycling song ever...)

and

China Grove but the Doobies

Mailman and Wordman like this.
  13. MaxPete

MaxPete Life with Lucille...I suggest, she decides. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

I didn't write this, but it came on the radio this morning and the song really moved me so I thought I'd post it.

Pete

What an incredible piece of work. Follow the lyrics closely together with the photos.

Although Don McClean only released the song in 1971, for those of us who grew up in the 50’s and 60’s this is a great piece with some very poignant moments in the history of those times. And for those of you who did not, it’s a taste of what you missed.

I knew that "American Pie" was the name of the plane in which Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and The Big Bopper were killed when it crashed in 1958 – and I knew the chorus about music dying on that day. I have listened to American Pie for many years and I thought I understood what was being sung but now realize that I didn’t...

However, when the words are put together with pictures and film clips the song takes on a new meaning. It took a lot of thought to produce this and it brings back lots of memories and also makes the lyrics really come alive!

Those were the days and we were very fortunate to grow up during that period of time,

Mailman and GLJ like this.
  14. Wordman

Wordman XS650 Enthusiast

I don't believe the part about the aircraft being named "American Pie" is true.

As an interesting aside (but related), I attended a talk by Dr. Bill Bass concerning the exhumation of The Big Bopper. I even got to see photos of the exhumed body. It was very odd, as you could recognize who it was, but he was green. Otherwise, the guy was pretty much perfectly preserved.

An other interesting thing I learned, The Big Bopper invented the music video.

MaxPete likes this.
  15. azman857

azman857 '80 XS 650SG Rider Top Contributor

Why was he exhumed? Love child claim perhaps?

16. The length of the song is only limited by the inventiveness of the caller, the quality of the harmonies is is only limited by the amount of participation and grog consumed (I prefer Bourban). Methinks this is likened to a host of heavenly angels in chorus.