Right now I'm listening to...

I have always love the fun of this band. And the talent of the song writers behind them.
Michael Nesmith became a well respected writer & singer after the Monkeys.

I like it. Now let's hear a grunge version. :sneaky:
Hmmm, grunge. As someone who who experienced grunge contemporaneously (as a teenager) I have to say it would be difficult to nail it down as a definable "style" of music. Most of the so-called big grunge bands of the time like AIC, Pearl Jam, & Sound Garden sounded nothing alike and never really even subscribed to the genre. AIC & Sound Garden were were self proclaimed industrial rock. With Nirvana being the unwilling flag bearer of an entire genre cooked up by MTV to be able to categorize something that at the time defied categorization. It's widely thought the burden of being the driving commercialization force behind a genre cast on to him was one of the contributing factors in Kurt Cobain's suicide. Well that, heavy heroin use, and an ongoing relationship with Courtney Love. Grunge was more of generational feeling or attitude than it was a specific style of music. Having said that, I do still love Temple of the Dog. The only so-called "grunge" super group. It makes me sad to think that Eddie is about the only one of the "grunge" vocalist left.:redface: Grunge was one of those rare examples of heavily commercialized music industry attempting to pull itself up by the bootstraps and make good, real, honest rock and roll. Unfortunately it seems that when ever this happens its followed by the untimely death of most of its front runners and leaders. But then again it seems in the music industry the brightest stars (artistically) burn out the fastest. Ok, I'm done rambling.:rock:

On The Voice tonight, Paris and Wendy.... Eric Clapton's Change the World.

If you're a fan of Bluegrass/Appalachian mountain music, you may want to listen to this barn burner VERY loud. Computer speakers do not do it justice. If you like it, give the entire album a try. It was intended to be listened to from beginning to end as it tells the story of Dood the Shawnee mountain man. Its a blend of Flat & Scruggs, Willie Nelson (actually on the album), Johnny Horton, & Marty Robbins. But its definitely 100% Sturgil Simpson.

I have always love the fun of this band. And the talent of the song writers behind them.
Michael Nesmith became a well respected writer & singer after the Monkeys.

RIP Michael Nesmith who died yesterday.
Digging out all my Nesmith & Monkees vinyl for a happy session of remembrance tonight. Great songs and memories. He’s playing in the heavens tonight.

Back