Roar on the shore Erie, PA

oh god its horribly inundated with HD swag and other pointless crap. Not only does everyone ride a bike that looks exactly the same, but then they all buy clothing to look the same as well.

final opinion, "meh"

Posted via Mobile

I only saw one other xs. Im on goerie.com click roar on the shore im picture 156~157 big guy on left

Posted via Mobile

i think i might drive my xs650 chop down from ashtabula, i just installed a solid state regulator and its running like a champ.

I was there! I had an 83. I'm a big guy (6'4" - 270lbs). I didn't see any other XS's. I had a great time though.

I was there for a little bit. With the way this rally has grown I truly feel they need to expand! They have outgrown Perry Square by far! And were the hell were the damn beer specials? Everyone was jacking up the prices way too much. I much prefer just plain old bike night downtown Erie. They do away with open container law, and people just have fun. Doesn't matter what type of bike you ride. Roar on the Shore seems to be a rally for what I like to call "just add water bikers". Pick a brochure, chose your options, accessorize, and ride. YAWN!!!

"And were the hell were the damn beer specials? Everyone was jacking up the prices way too much."

I don't know where you were, but where I was walking around beers were 3 bucks a 16oz aluminum bottle. In Buffalo, that's not too bad of a price for a beer. I did talk to a bartender at Coconut Joes though, who said that the prices were inflated, and that we were missing out on 25 cent pint night in town. Erie was great though. My first time ever visiting, and hopefully not my last. People were nice, and the riding was GORGEOUS. Presque Isle was so nice! Next time anyone comes to Buffalo, let me know!

I had a friend move here from Buffalo and that was the first comment he made! The beer is so cheap here!!! The bars I frequent on State St, which is the main st for Roar on the Shore, usually have 22oz drafts for a dollar or two!!! So yeah I would say the prices were inflated! Gas prices also jumped $.25 in two days before the event. I remember that happening in Daytona Beach too. A 12 oz beer there was $4.00, so i guess we didn't have it all that bad.

There is a ton of great riding around the outskirts of town. Next time you will have to explore a little more. Let me know if you come in to Erie looking to ride, because I am always down for a ride :) How is the riding in Buffalo?

Back