Rocker Box at Elkhart Lake June 6,7,8 w/ AHRMA races!

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Road America Rocker Box Motorcycle Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin

This year's RockerBox Motorcycle Festival will be held at Road America, America's premier racetrack in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin. RockerBox had a great 10 year run in Milwaukee, with over 4000 bikes last year and over 8000 people attending in just one day. It just plain outgrew the original location. So now, it's been moved to Road America, to be run on the same weekend as the AHRMA vintage motorcycle races. These races get some of the best vintage racing machines in the country, Norton Manx's, G50's, and tank shift WR's, etc. We are inviting every motorcycle enthusiast and racer in the Midwest and beyond to pull out their old bikes, (ie, Ice Racers, Board Track, Flat Track, Road Race, Hill Climb, Rat, MX, Scooters, Cruisers, Bobbers, etc.) If has two wheels, whether it runs or not, show up, display it, drink some beer, and tell us your stories. There will even be a bike show, so figure, even with the move, 3000 bikes of every shape and size, Customs, Choppers, Vincent's, Square Fours, ( you name it ), will attend. Add Wisconsin hospitality, Brats, 20 kinds of beers, a band and a chance to ride on the 4 mile race course, plus rides through the beautiful Kettle Moraine area, and you have a pretty great weekend.

It will be held June 6, 7, 8-2014

Great Vendor and Spectator packages available

Full Info. can be accessed by going to these websites - RoadAmerica.com Phone 800-365-7223 and RockerBox website www.Rockerbox.us.

That's great news. I've been going to Elkhart Lake for the AHRMA vintage motorcycle races for the last few years with my son. Always camp at the carrousel turn. I never made it to Rockerbox so having it in tandem with the motorcycle races is perfect!

It's time to book my campsite. My 650's near done and it will be my ride to Elkhart Lake. ......Son doesn't know it yet but he's taking the truck with the camping gear.

XStretchified

A bump, and an article in Motocycle classics. Let's get some XS650s there!

http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/mc-events/rockerbox-motofest-at-road-america.aspx?newsletter=1&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=MCC%20eNews&utm_campaign=05.08.14%20MCC%20Shop%20Talk#axzz317rZHTnh

In case you haven’t heard, Milwaukee’s Rockerbox Motofest is moving to Road America as part of Road America’s AHRMA Vintage Motorcycle Classic. The addition of Rockerbox should mean a big uptick in activity at the June 6-8, 2014 Road America event, as vintage customs and vintage stockers share in one of the great classic bike events of the summer, and Motorcycle Classics will be there – as we have every year since the first Vintage Motorcycle Classic in 2010.

Motorcycle Classics hosted the annual Motorcycle Classics Road America Ride & Show from 2010-2013, and this year it becomes the Rockerbox Bike Show, a ride-in show with trophies awarded in seven classes plus a special Motorcycle Classics Editors’ Choice award. The annual ride continues, with ride master Dennis Weinhold planning a Saturday Dinner Ride for vintage bike fans. We’re waiting for final details on the ride, so come hungry and check in at the Motorcycle Classics tent at the Rockerbox Motofest for more details.

New this year will be the Smage Bros Stunt Show Saturday and Sunday, a Burnout Pit on Saturday, live music from Caught in the Act, and a micro brew tasting on Saturday. Laps of the Road America circuit on your own bike will be available on Saturday, and swap meet vendors will return to the Midway Saturday and Sunday. Vintage road racing remains the core attraction, with rounds 9 and 10 of the AHRMA/CPL Systems National Historic Cup Roadrace Series.

We can’t stress enough what a great event this is. The Road America track is easily one of the most beautiful in America, and with the addition of Rockerbox Motofest we expect to see record turnout for the three-day event at the historic Road America race track. – Richard Backus

Bump.....because this deserves a bump!

gggary, ...You bringin one for the burnout pit???

(Didn't think so).

Anybody within 200 miles, this is a no-brainer

XStretchified

Update: I bought my ticket today, so there is a VERY good chance I will come out.

Tip to anyone interested: go to the Rockerbox website and follow that link to buy a "ticket" which is actually a wristband, it's the same thing as the Road America ticket, but right now it's $20 cheaper. I called in to Road America today after having some confusion myself and the lady on the phone told me that the Road America AHRMA tickets are essentially the exact same as a Rockerbox motorfest wristband.

I was there for the AHRMA races and Rockerbox. Here is a little tidbit from the campground on Saturday night.... The video gets interesting about halfway through.

XStretchified

I ended up going all three days, but only took the bike for one. There were a good amount of XSs there in all forms. This bike was in the Rockerbox bike show, but I don't know how it did.

Attachments

• IMG_20140607_104852.jpg
    IMG_20140607_104852.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20140607_104611.jpg
    IMG_20140607_104611.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 181
This bike was in one of the vendor tents.

Attachments

• IMG_20140607_110207.jpg
    IMG_20140607_110207.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20140607_110154.jpg
    IMG_20140607_110154.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20140607_110320.jpg
    IMG_20140607_110320.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 203
It's baaccckkk! Rockerbox

June 5-7

I'll be camped at the Carousel Fri. and Sat. I think I'll be on the resto-mod unless the ride over looks dicey weatherwise then I'll take a 2 wheel barge. Gotta member here givin' me a berth in his camper, he's bringing his XS650 cafe, so life is GOOD!

Me too. ... I'll be at at the Rockerbox and AHRMA races and camping in the carousel turn on Friday and Saturday.

XStretchified

Back