1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Roth rattle bombs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bergoff, Oct 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bergoff

bergoff XS650 Addict

http://www.rothmetalflake.com/rattlebomb/rattlebomb_kandy.html

Has anyone used these? I'm going to paint my bike this winter and trying to figure out and acquire what I need. I have rattle bombed a few projects in the past with good results but nothing like this. If I do go this route I will get all of my supplies from him primer, base, flake, and 2 part clear.

2. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

Wow, Roth and his 'Ratfink', that takes me back.

Don't know anything about this, so no help there. Bookmarked that site, thanx.

Have you read the 'spraymax 2k' threads?

3. Gene

Gene House of Detention

Spraying flake is a little tricky even in rattle cans. You can practice with some cheaper alternatives. I've used glitter paint (silver) and some red transparent paint from duplicolor (their metalcast line) and a ton of layers of clear to cover the heavy flake. Not the best way to go but cheap enough to practice with before stepping up to the roth paint systems. Just keep in mind that the 2k has a catalyst, so make sure you wear a respirator.

[​IMG]

4. bergoff

bergoff XS650 Addict

Thanks for the tips Gene. I have a small pos compressor and I've been debating about using guns to do my paint job. When I paint I always wear a mask.