Rotor removal success

slambert49

XS650 Member
Reaction score
just wanted to thank you guys for all the useful info on this site. I was able to self diagnose my "non" charging system using curlys guide. Very helpful plus all the added info on the ins and outs. I found my rotor to be bad due to the resistance between the brass slip rings was only 1 or 0. I was able to get mine off with relative ease with some PB blaster, impact gun, hammer and a 2 jaw puller. I know that's not recommended but mine popped right off. I am now putting out like 14.3 volts when revved. :thumbsup: :bike:
thanks will post pics later

:) my 80 xs650cafe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 290
:) my 80 xs650cafe

Hi slambert,
nice bike.
FWIW, the XS650 front fender also keeps those flexible forks on track.
If your fashion sense won't permit a front fender, a TKAT fork brace is an OK substitute.
About fashion, everyone except us old farts has tats these days and your giant ear piercings are becoming mainstream for the younger crowd but please don't be among the first to wear a lip plug.
And yeah, so long as you are going to throw it away, whatever it takes to remove the rotor is OK.
If you want to remove and replace a good rotor, using the correct puller is by far the safest way.

I haven't decided what brace or fender I want to use they all are kind of bulky but I do want to put something on to tighten up the front end

I haven't decided what brace or fender I want to use they all are kind of bulky but I do want to put something on to tighten up the front end

Hi slambert,
I put TKATs on my XS11 and XS650 sidecar rigs as well as keeping the stock fenders because sidecar work twists the bejasus out of teleforks and leading link fork conversions are appallingly expensive.

Back