Royal Enfield Twin

Yes, nice looking fender swap. I like the luggage rack too. The bags, not so much, they stick out too much. It seems they could have been made to fit in much tighter? Any info on them?
Those are Givi bags. RE has enough popularity that there are several options for panniers and there will be more.

I have a close friend whom, I met in the XS650 community, who has a RE Interceptor. He's modifying the bike with upgraded parts and accessories. I think that's just great. Make it what you want. He no longer has an XS650. OTOH, I own and operate an XS650. I can ride it anyplace. So, while I drool over the new RE, what would I gain by having one, assuming I keep the XS650, or why would I replace the XS if I couldn't have both?
Memphis now has dealer support for RE and it's an established Harley dealer.

Last edited:
Across the pond Craven has developed nice hard bags, color matched to the RE's. I think I'd have to knock off a liquor store..or two.. to afford them. I prefer the soft bags.... found my old soft bags and tank bag (BagMan) and they fit and look good. Every aftermarket manufacturer has jumped on the RE 650 bandwagon and if they can remove a part...... they make a replacement that's " better ". I even saw an " improved clutch cable ".
I highly recommend the RE 650's. I explain it's the 650 all other manufactures of 650's... since day one..wanted to build. . I've had Xs650's for years and will continue to enjoy the machine. Visit your dealer and take one out for a ride...... remember it has 6 gears... I keep forgetting. :cool: RE Store.jpg

Visit your dealer and take one out for a ride...... remember it has 6 gears... I keep forgetting. :cool:
I rode it and I love it. I also love my XS650, maybe more. If I get at all bored with it, I have an Eleven Special and it goes faster than stink! Of the new retro bikes, the MG V7 Special grabs me. The Triumph Speed Twin is also something I want to try, but I have no dealers for either. Reality says I should buy a used Road King, due to it's support network and touring ability. But, Speed Twin really grabs me, without having ridden one.

I`ve been watching this review for half an hour but haven`t got past miss Markle`s ass!:yikes:

Brilliant Pete. The Miss Markle references are hilarious too.
Nobody is interested in Miss Markle after she stole Harry from the Crown here in Blighty.
They fancy themselves as the Royal's (Not Enfields) of the USA these days (Or was it Canada....?). You're welcome!!!
Ads:devil:

Brilliant Pete. The Miss Markle references are hilarious too.
Nobody is interested in Miss Markle after she stole Harry from the Crown here in Blighty.
They fancy themselves as the Royal's (Not Enfields) of the USA these days (Or was it Canada....?). You're welcome!!!
Ads:devil:

Adam: the lady in the video is GINA Markle while Prince Harry has wedded (and bedded) MEGHAN Markle.

Similar, but not identical I suspect.

hehehehehe

Pete

Try this for size:

Surprising how much extra power and torque Hitchcocks were able to take from the engine. Could probably do with a bit more flywheel feel to it though as I alluded to here:

http://www.xs650.com/threads/video-thread.21373/page-64#post-720091

It's a shame the tester only had busy roads near Birmingham on a wet & drizzly day.

Last edited:
....and here's another modern classic upon which to keep one's eye.....

You Tube buzz'n with observations and opinions.... No real ride reports except those put out by BSA itself..... I think they nailed the look.... the radiator and header are a bit of a distraction.... and I got a hint from one You tuber... the painted versions... $8000.oo and the chrome.. $9000.oo... I could see a matching painted sidecar one... :)

and I got a hint from one You tuber... the painted versions... $8000.oo and the chrome.. $9000.oo... I could see a matching painted sidecar one... :)
I believe their price point is mandatory based upon the competition. (RE, MG, Triumph, and the big four) It appears Harley-Davidson has removed the Sportster from that market. We'll soon see if that was a mistake.

Try this for size:

Surprising how much extra power and torque Hitchcocks were able to take from the engine. Could probably do with a bit more flywheel feel to it though as I alluded to here:

http://www.xs650.com/threads/video-thread.21373/page-64#post-720091

It's a shame the tester only had busy roads near Birmingham on a wet & drizzly day.

Yeah baby - now THAT looks like a lot of fun (for a lot of money).

I checked over here and the big bore set is about $710 USD which is just about $1000 CAD or around 534 UKP....

https://www.sscycle.com/products/865cc-big-bore-kit-for-royal-enfield-650-twins/

Now - that would require a machinist to remove the stock cylinder sleeves and set the new S&S sleeve in place and some other stuff - but that bike with the big-bore kit would be a hoot.

Pete

Yeah baby - now THAT looks like a lot of fun (for a lot of money).

I checked over here and the big bore set is about $710 USD which is just about $1000 CAD or around 534 UKP....

https://www.sscycle.com/products/865cc-big-bore-kit-for-royal-enfield-650-twins/

Now - that would require a machinist to remove the stock cylinder sleeves and set the new S&S sleeve in place and some other stuff - but that bike with the big-bore kit would be a hoot.

Pete

Oh wait - no good guys.

It says right on the S&S website that this kit is only for off-road competition use and is not to be used for street riding.

Too bad - it would be a hoot on the street....if only we were allowed to use it...you know, on the street....;)

Back