Rust-Oleum Motorcycle Cover

Subscribed... interested in hearing too.

Never ran across one of those before. Great idea if it's real. Could've used one for my Grandpa's old Jag that's for sure.

Try the forum's Google custom search on "cover condensation".
There's a few threads that discuss covers and rusting from condensation...

Yes, this is what I wanted to mention when I saw the title to this thread. In a garage I use old cotton sheets, they keep the dust and dirt off, keep the moisture off, they breathe and don't keep the moisture in. I wouldn't trust anything else.

Scott

Last edited:
Has anybody tried one of these? I keep my bike in a garage all year round, but it does get some surface rust on the chrome surfaces, especially in winter.

Which size cover is good for an XS650? Medium?

Rust-Oleum Motorcycle Cover

Thanks

Hi John,
unheated garage, right?
I suppose a normal waterproof cover could act to concentrate the damp although a cotton dust cover would be damp-neutral?
But a RustOleum-impregnated cover? That should be effective, go for it! Send feedback!
About the size, the ad sez the large cover costs less than the medium one.
Get the large, it won't get windblown in a garage and as it's bigger it should have more RustOlium in it.

If your garage is really damp, which it seems to be, I don't think this or any other cover is going to matter. The air under it is going to be just as damp as the air outside it and in the rest of the garage.

No, garage is heated enough to keep my CNC machines from dying of the cold. There is still moisture though, and I'm interested in what people's experience with the product is. I also have a storage room I rent that would be a good application.

Thanks for the feedback. My garage is unheated. I suppose I have nothing to lose by trying the cover. I have never covered the bike so far and it does get some rust on the chrome over the winter. I don't think cotton sheets would help since being uncovered is not trapping any moisture. There must be moisture in the air though. Maybe the cover would help.

Back