Saddle bags, who is running them ?

TurboFarviknugn

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Been looking around and wondering WHO and WHAT KIND of saddle bags y'all might be running ? HARD TAIL in perticular as that is what mine WILL be IF the shipper ever gets here ! Will be using mine as a commuter to and from work gotta have some place to put my lunch (and that STUPID reflector belt once I get off base).

Any way Post up some pics so I can get an idea.

Been looking on FLEA bay everything I have found that looks like it MAY work is about $150.00 ea.

Thanks

farm supply store nylon horse saddlebags on my SR500 $27, old 60's style hard bags on my 650 swap meet $20

Attachments

• SR500E.jpg
    SR500E.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 1,003
  • TX650A.jpg
    TX650A.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 569
Last edited:
THANKS for the replies but,

I am interested in the bags available for those of us who have RIDGID FRAMES.

I had done basically what y'all have done on my stock virago I had way back when.

oh you want the special rigid frame model bags then, available at the rigid frame parts store I guess, or you'll just have to find something that works like everybody else does

LeftClose.jpg

Left700a.jpg

Left700b.jpg

Well, it's not a rigid frame, but this is a triangular solo bag of the type used on hardtails.

oh you want the special rigid frame model bags then, available at the rigid frame parts store I guess, or you'll just have to find something that works like everybody else does

BASICALLY what I am wanting to see photos of and how the fit is, $139.00 EACH is kinda steep to HOPE it works or fits, thinking SOMEONE here has done it or has photos of someone who has.

Im curious to for my hard tail bobber. I tossed a set of boxy emgo's a while back and now I wish i would have at least mocked them up....

$139 is a pretty good price for a decent solo bag. They range to $250 and up for a single solo bag.

Ask the sellers for detailed dimensions, make a mock bag, and see if it fits. That's exactly what I did.

Don't worry about how it will mount, it is easy to make your own mounting system, that's what I did.

Back