Scotch Whiskey

YamadudeXS650C

Central New York XS650
Top Contributor
Reaction score
There are a plethora of palliative proprietaries to the Winter Blues that us Northerners suffer,
including Buddy Guy's work, and John Lee Hooker,

....but Scotch Whiskey is one that I sometimes turn to.

Dewars has got what it takes, but like single malts, my budget can't always manage it.
Recently, I discovered Ancient Clan, which has a similar refined taste.

005.JPG

Anyone else got other suggestions?
Scotch lovers out there ?

Last edited:
Will give that a try if I can get it up here Dude. Just something about a Scotch on a cold winter's day.

For a treat or special occasion, Glenlivet single malt 12 yr or 15 yr. For a daily drinker, Grant's Family Reserve blended.

No end to this journey.

The proper spelling is whisky if you are referring to scotch.

I prefer the Islay and Speyside varieties. They are expensive, so I usually switch to bourbon if I must drink lesser liquor.

Try this one, if you like the lighter lowland scotch.
shopping

The proper spelling is whisky if you are referring to scotch.

I prefer the Islay and Speyside varieties. They are expensive, so I usually switch to bourbon if I must drink lesser liquor.

Try this one, if you like the lighter lowland scotch.
shopping
The Scots spell it whisky and the Irish spell it whiskey, with an extra 'e'. This difference in the spelling comes from the translations of the word from the Scottish and Irish Gaelic forms. Whiskey with the extra 'e' is also used when referring to American whiskies.

Will give that a try if I can get it up here Dude. Just something about a Scotch on a cold winter's day.

For a treat or special occasion, Glenlivet single malt 12 yr or 15 yr. For a daily drinker, Grant's Family Reserve blended.

No end to this journey.
Ah, yes, no end.:)
Haven't tried Grants, yet..........

Whisky's are an adventure all of their own.
You guys south of the 49th switch to Bourbons. Up here of course it is Canadian rye whisky's.

00246603_is.jpeg

Crown Royal Limited Edition, a lovely, very smooth
example.

And of course the standard inexpensive choice...

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

This year's holiday flask was Bowmore 12. An easy-drinking crowd pleaser.

One night of celebration was with Oban 14. Just enough smoke to keep the chills at bay.

High West Distillery in Utah is putting out an interesting line. I like their Rendezvouz Rye and Campfire. The latter is a blend of rye, bourbon, and a smoky scotch.

My best buddy gave me this newcomer, which I have yet to try.
IMG_20180101_170743724.jpg

The Scots spell it whisky and the Irish spell it whiskey, with an extra 'e'. This difference in the spelling comes from the translations of the word from the Scottish and Irish Gaelic forms. Whiskey with the extra 'e' is also used when referring to American whiskies.
Interesting. American whisky is spelled either way.

Intriguing reading !

"Experts believe that aside from Japan's clean and tasty ground water, its four distinct seasons help to deepen whisky flavours during years of ageing."

I like my beer, and I like my wine, and I really like the IDEA of relaxing with a nice tumbler of scotch and water. It just seems like such a manly drink. It's REALLY very attractive.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

But that's the problem, I'm a little afraid of liking it too much! Haha!
image.jpeg

Last edited:
By the way, I forgot to mention. I love that John Lee Hooker song, I have it on CD!

Back