Scrambler tires

I put dual sport tires on this bike. Front is a shinko, and I think the rear is a duro.
1415158963.jpg

The tire should clear ok if your using the stock XS 18" rear rim. If you run a 530 O-ring chain be sure that will clear the tire.:thumbsup:

Thanks Half mile. I'm running a 520 setup right now but was thinking of switching back to 530. I guess I'll give it a try.

I beg to differ. Guess it depends on what you're gonna do with the bike. The tires shown in the "Bubblevisor" link are essentially "trials" tires and many other tires pictured in this post are closer to being off-road or dirt tires. They can be spooky on smooth pavement and worse when it's wet. I understand and like the street tracker or "bobbed" look but there are far better and safer street tires available.

I beg to differ. Guess it depends on what you're gonna do with the bike. The tires shown in the "Bubblevisor" link are essentially "trials" tires and many other tires pictured in this post are closer to being off-road or dirt tires. They can be spooky on smooth pavement and worse when it's wet. I understand and like the street tracker or "bobbed" look but there are far better and safer street tires available.
Thanks for the input but I'm specifically looking for a tire that will allow me to explore more of the gravel and dirt roads around my area.

For gravel and graded dirt roads, the tires per the Bubblevisor link will be an excellent choice. Sounds like fun. You may find that running the rear tire at about half the recommended pressure will give you a much better foot print. Use a rim lock. I've always wondered just how light a stripped-to bare-essentials 650 could be.

Back