1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

scrambler type exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sluginxlt, Mar 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sluginxlt

sluginxlt xs6-fiddy

i really want to make an exhaust with both pipes exiting on one side and above the sidecase like a scrambler. any ideas on where to buy some tube with good bends i could peice , or maybe a way to make some good bends with out a good bender? lol

2. jimed

jimed XS650 Enthusiast

Great Scott made these for me.
    [​IMG]

3. Tech7

Tech7 XS650 Junkie

Summit Racing sells a nice assortment of u-bends and J-bends of different diameters and radius. I made mine from some and some parts of the original exhaust. (with inner tube removed)

Attached Files:

4. sluginxlt

sluginxlt xs6-fiddy

both look great but jimed has exactly what im wanting to make.check out summit but how do the measure bend radius, is it from the very inside of bend or from center of the tube bend?

5. sluginxlt

sluginxlt xs6-fiddy

im not sure what bends i should buy to be able to build them like jimed

6. jimed

jimed XS650 Enthusiast

7. sluginxlt

sluginxlt xs6-fiddy

the link doesnt work

8. jmcgowan

jmcgowan XS650 Enthusiast

9. weekendrider

weekendrider Iron Horse cowboy Top Contributor

S.W. MO
    sluginxlt try the link again. It worked for me. I think you're wanting his "mile" pipes.

10. sluginxlt

sluginxlt xs6-fiddy

still doesnt work for me not sure why. i just bought the bend kit off ebay, that was a good deal for the bends thanks jmcgowan

11. Freak

Freak XS650 Enthusiast

Ohio
    I ordered my exhaust from Speedway motors, I think i cost me about 40 bucks and a little of my time. I ordered 2 multi bends and 2 u bends. U can do it urself just take your time and try not to catch anything on fire:bike:

Attached Files:

12. royfisk

royfisk build and rebuild get bet

great scott uses only heavy gauge piping and the bends are not fileens bargain basement units, they cost more to start with. I cant make pipes for what scott charges, I have seen personaly several of his pipes and there second to no bodies. Well worth the $$$$$. especially after you figure your time and effort.

13. sluginxlt

sluginxlt xs6-fiddy

great scott's exhaust look awsome! but im a broke bia, and cant afford to have someone build them for me, and also im the type of person who wont be satisfied unless i made it my self. lets just hope they turn out half as nice as his

14. sluginxlt

sluginxlt xs6-fiddy

came up with these with the bend kit from ebay and it was only $40 shipped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. jmcgowan

Looks nice! Maybe I will order that kit from ebay...
    What's the thickness of the tubing?

16. inxs

inxs xx

- are the two pipes the same length?

17. sluginxlt

sluginxlt xs6-fiddy

no they are not exactly the same length

18. jay760

jay760 XS650 Junkie

Does anybody know the optimum length performance wise for a xs.

for a triumph 650 it is 1 3/4" diameter and something like 36" long

19. gordonscott

gordonscott XS650exhaust.com

Hey Slugin, Just found this post, looks like you did ok:thumbsup: As far as same length goes you should try to get it close as possible but don't loose sleep over it, look at a stock Honda cl scrambler exhaust, not even close to the same length :shrug: The way I get them the same length is the "loop" on the opposing pipe. P.S. Thanks Jim and Roy for the mention.[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. jmcgowan

what diameter tubing are you guys using?