Seat pan made. How to install?

Chachiboy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
When I got this bike one of the first things I did was trash the massive ebay one size fits all seat. Over the weekend I was able to cut and shape a seat pan. I will be adding high density foam then wrapping it in leather. I cut it just short of the gas tank bolt as I didn't want it to rise.

The old ebay seat was simply "jammed" into place between gas tank and rear hoop. Not what I want to do with new seat pan.

Any suggestions on how to mount my new seat? Just not sure how to mount it. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_142519.jpg
    IMG_20191017_142519.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 160
When I got this bike one of the first things I did was trash the massive ebay one size fits all seat. Over the weekend I was able to cut and shape a seat pan. I will be adding high density foam then wrapping it in leather. I cut it just short of the gas tank bolt as I didn't want it to rise.
The old ebay seat was simply "jammed" into place between gas tank and rear hoop. Not what I want to do with new seat pan.
Any suggestions on how to mount my new seat? Just not sure how to mount it. Here are some pics.

Hi Chachi,
easiest way I can think of is long machine screws down through the pan & locked to the pan with hex nuts.
The machine screw tails go through P-clips on the frame tubes.
Put rubber washers top & bottom of the P-clip and then a plain washer & Nylok nut. I'd use M6 rather than 1/4" just to stay metric.

Hi Chachi,
easiest way I can think of is long machine screws down through the pan & locked to the pan with hex nuts.
The machine screw tails go through P-clips on the frame tubes.
Put rubber washers top & bottom of the P-clip and then a plain washer & Nylok nut. I'd use M6 rather than 1/4" just to stay metric.

What is a P clip on frame tube?

Back