Seat Question

MikeC23

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
A while back someone had posted about a company that makes tracker/brat style seats that nicely wrap down around the seat frame of a 650. I have been digging through old threads but can't seem to find it, and I REALLY liked those seats. Does anyone have an idea of what company that was?
Thanks!

Ive done 3+ hour trips on them. Ive done a few 800 mile weekend trips with them. Depends on your definition of comfort of course. They arent going to be as comfortable as a big comfy stock couch, but they are a blend of comfort and looks...

Yeah, I'm not expecting anything like a Goldwing seat. I sit in hard whitewater kayak seats for three to four hours at a time, so my ass has been conditioned. I will most likely be ordering one of these after Christmas. How much de-tabbing the frame from stock is required for them to fit? and what would I have to do with my rear fender?

You have to de tab around the frame rails where the seat would sit. It is designed to sit flat on the rails. The stock fender can be modified to be used...

Ive been working on a little tutorial on how to intall. I should have it finished in the next week or two. Should help answer questions and show exactly how to install.

This seat is officially on my WANT -- no, NEED -- list. Would love to see the tutorial, though it doesn't look terribly difficult. I'm building an electrical box beneath the seat, and using the (OEM battery tray?) tabs inside the frame to hold it, so that would be my only concern. But it sits below the frame rails, so I don't envision it being a problem. Provisions for the bolts would need to be welded to the rear frame, yes?

hookemdevils22 Yeah, just need to weld some tabs to the seat rails underneath and the seat will fit up. If you plan on running a stock rear fender some modifications need to be made to that as well. But if you are planning on an aftermarket fender it shouldnt be a problem!

Back