Wanted - Seat to Fit XS2

gwallis

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for a seat that will fit my 1972 XS650. It does not have to be an original (would be nice) it just needs to be able to fit the frame.

This is for sale on EBay. I have never bought one, but other forum members here have bought seats from them. Some times they take some adjusting to make them fit properly, but those who have bought them generally seem happy with them.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texavina-S...112471673960?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
B9A3D019-6F30-4213-9A18-C30D3580D628.jpeg

This is for sale on EBay. I have never bought one, but other forum members here have bought seats from them. Some times they take some adjusting to make them fit properly, but those who have bought them generally seem happy with them.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texavina-S...112471673960?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
View attachment 181154

Mailman,

Thank You for the lead. I will look into it... I got a birthday coming up and everyone is asking what to get me... I think I just found something.

'Thanks' again.

I like my Texavina seat. They ship from Viet Nam. Order now and have it by spring... lol. Just kidding. Mine took about 5 weeks though and they custom made it per my specs. They are a fairly firm seat though, but then again mine is low profile.

I like my Texavina seat. They ship from Viet Nam. Order now and have it by spring... lol. Just kidding. Mine took about 5 weeks though and they custom made it per my specs. They are a fairly firm seat though, but then again mine is low profile.

Which low profile seat did you select? Did you install the original rear seat hoop?

I bought this and had a local guy that works on upholstery from his garage install it for me
I've had it for 2 years and it still looks great it's for my 75
$28.99
+ $6.95 Shipping
RD350 SEAT COVER 1972 TO 1975 MODEL SEAT COVER + STRAP (Y44--n14) I can't remember how to copy the link just cut and paste it and it should take you to the page where it's listed

Attachments

• seat cove  1.jpg
    seat cove 1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 99
  • seat cover 2.jpg
    seat cover 2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 105
  • seat cover 3.jpg
    seat cover 3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I bought this and had a local guy that works on upholstery from his garage install it for me
I've had it for 2 years and it still looks great it's for my 75
$28.99
+ $6.95 Shipping
RD350 SEAT COVER 1972 TO 1975 MODEL SEAT COVER + STRAP (Y44--n14) I can't remember how to copy the link just cut and paste it and it should take you to the page where it's listed

I have recovered seats in the past... mostly Honda's. There is a vender on eBay called GumTwo.. they make excellent covers. Their recommendation on re-covering foam is to wrap the foam and seat pan in cellophane. Makes the job much easier!

I have recovered seats in the past... mostly Honda's. There is a vender on eBay called GumTwo.. they make excellent covers. Their recommendation on re-covering foam is to wrap the foam and seat pan in cellophane. Makes the job much easier!
Never thought of that Makes sense though

View attachment 181154
Mailman....

I do not remember telling you this but I did order a seat from Texavina.... and it came in today. Almost three weeks to the day. I must say I like the quality. The metal seat pan is a perfect match. I did have to purchase the mounting hardware and I am not sure that I have it in the proper orientation. See Pics.

Not sure if I am going to keep the grab bar... I am going to have to see it on the bike. What do you think?

'Thanks' again for all the great tips from everyone!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_20d4.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_20d5.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_20d3.jpg

I still need to find the latch part of the seat. I have the Hook and Spring part on the bike frame but no idea of what the latch part looks like. Can it be purchased anywhere? Or do I have to fabricate one?