Seat

Ben Mccree

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All, Still hunting for a seat and came across this one that I quite like. Can anyone identify it and where I can get one. Also the exhausts look good as well any ideas on them. Any help would be great. Ben:)

Attachments

• 2094376415_bf5ca4e943_b[1].jpg
    2094376415_bf5ca4e943_b[1].jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 324
looks a bit like a champion seat and tank, they are quite ofton on ebay,search flat track.

This is a photo of the one I make....Sold about 50 of them over the last 3 years on Ebay..

Attachments

• seat 001.jpg
    seat 001.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 272
  • seat 003.jpg
    seat 003.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Omars DTR is also a source for a similar (though not exact) seat. I believe there's also a comapny called Glass Act (?) that makes several styles of cafe' and tracker seat.
Search for "tracker" or "dirt track" seat in ebay or your fave search engine.

^ Agreed, you'd probably sell a few of them through this site. No ebay fees that way.

Seen them on ebay Xs1961, nice looking seat units :thumbsup:
Been toying with the idea of going the flatracker route myself, would it fit the special frame ok & what mods are required to the frame?
Cheers Kev

Yes mate. fits the 'Special' frame too .. Just lop the unwanted bracketry off. If you want one just PM me and Ill knock a few quid off , I hate paying Thiefbay their fees!
Im only a mile from the Herts border too.

The seat is for a Champion dirt track frame, the tank, you'll have to ask Mule about it;But I will bet money it’s an alloy tank; probably early Yamaha 500. Mule doesn’t take any shortcuts. He is one of the few builders; (vary few) that I would buy a bike from were I not able build for myself; And I have, bought parts from him, though no one will ever see them after the motors are finished. He is on the Forum, ask him about the parts; thats the only way you are gonna get an honest answer.

My flatracker seat unit from XS1961 arrived in the post today :D
Nice bit of kit. cheers Lee:thumbsup:
Now Im on the hunt for either a bates style or Harley headlight, small LED rear light..........
Im going to have to take the XS off the road soon & make a start, that second set off dodgey carb mounts are starting to play up again now :wtf: Got a decent non barbed set and a non vacuum fuel tap waiting to go on :bike:

Cheers Kev.
Glad youre happy with it.
Pretty sure Ive got an 'as new' Bates here as well, not my style - & a small rear - I'll check in my shed tomorrow :wink2:

The tank is a yamaha Mx or Yamaha DT tank from the mid 70"s. I"m pretty sure he did a few mods to it. I can see we dont have any yamaha dirtbike riders from the 70"s here.

Back