Seats from Vietnam?

XsJosh

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Screenshot_20201009-142707_eBay.jpg

I feel like someone on here tried one of these, how did it work out? It it worth it? Most importantly it it comfortable?

There are two:

Texavina and Bike Seat Factory (formerly Motorcycle Seats Direct, formerly Hondaclassics31)

I have searched and not found a bad review of either one. I believe both sell on eBay as well as their websites.

The listing in post #1 appears to be Texavina. On their website, shipping is $10 less.

Last edited:
Probably the same vendor, I think 'Vietnam' is the giveaway. I contacted them a couple of weeks ago asking how tall their "low profile" seat actually was. I was told 3-1/2" but they said they would make one any height I would specify, so I guess if I want something even more "brat style"........
If you don't want to destroy any tabs on your frame and maintain the latch/lock, an alternative might be a Counter Balance seat built on your pan for about twice the price.

It looks to me that daytrader-07 is a Texavina seat. Bikeseatfactory sells as self. So, what is the advantage of going through eBay to buy?

I bought through eBays for the added buyer protection. I had absolutely no issues with my Texavina seat from daytrader. They even customized the seat pattern per my request at no additional charges. No complaints here.

I’ve also owned two seats from Counterbalance. Wes makes an outstanding product as well. But Wes’s seats are more for custom bikes and require modifications to the frame for mounting and also require custom fender mounts. I’m sure Wes could make a very nice seat on a factory pan as well.

I purchased off eBay because the was seat was offered for 20% off. I think it was a good investment for the money. This model replicated a '72 XS2 stock seat. Simple bolt on using the existing mounts. Included buddy strap and rubber buffers. The seat was firm but I'd bet they weren't any more comfortable when new. The seat pan appears to have been hand beaten over a buck as opposed to pressed steel and shows all the hammer marks but it is solidly constructed. I felt it was a great bargain since I needed a complete seat since these seats are no longer available.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 172
I ordered a bike seat from BIKE SEAT FACTORY for my 75 honda 400f ss and NEVER RECEIVED it! that was 16 months ago. Bike Seat Factory would not return a phone call or text although I tried to contact them weekly. NO RESPONSE whatsoever. e-bay will not reinburse me my 300.00 DOLLARS U.S. BSF has cheated me good. e-BAYS best advice received was to "WORK WITH THE SELLER'' -- great idea - if you could contact them! I'd stay far away from them were I you!

I ordered a bike seat from BIKE SEAT FACTORY for my 75 honda 400f ss and NEVER RECEIVED it! that was 16 months ago. Bike Seat Factory would not return a phone call or text although I tried to contact them weekly. NO RESPONSE whatsoever. e-bay will not reinburse me my 300.00 DOLLARS U.S. BSF has cheated me good. e-BAYS best advice received was to "WORK WITH THE SELLER'' -- great idea - if you could contact them! I'd stay far away from them were I you!
It looks like they went out of business and took your money with them. :(

I took a chance and bought a seat for my '78 Special and was surprised at the fit and quality of the seat. The hinges and lock on the seat pan matched perfectly with those on the bike. Attachment of cover to seat pan seems well done and sturdy.
I had several options for seat and piping colors. The seller daytrader provided quick responses to any questions I posed. Delivery time was much faster from Viet Nam than I expected and it arrived undamaged. Bike is still under construction and I'm in NE Ohio so I haven't had a chance to try it out for comfort

Attachments

• IMG_2305.JPG
    IMG_2305.JPG
    351.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2347.JPG
    IMG_2347.JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 46
I took a chance and bought a seat for my '78 Special and was surprised at the fit and quality of the seat. The hinges and lock on the seat pan matched perfectly with those on the bike. Attachment of cover to seat pan seems well done and sturdy.
I had several options for seat and piping colors. The seller daytrader provided quick responses to any questions I posed. Delivery time was much faster from Viet Nam than I expected and it arrived undamaged. Bike is still under construction and I'm in NE Ohio so I haven't had a chance to try it out for comfort
Yours is Texavina. They aren't getting complaints. Thanks for the update. Bike Seat Factory is the problem in post #8.

Heard nothing but good news about Texavina. Isn’t that great that there’s vendors out there that still offer great pricing for a quality product, backed by good customer service. Unfortunately you meet up with more of the opposite - poor vendors, with little to no after sales service. Keep up the good work Texavina!

Bike Seat Factory also had a lot of good reviews. I discovered them as Hondaclassic31, then Motorcycle Seats Direct, the Bike Seat Factory. There were some happy customers. I never pulled the trigger. It seems the bad practices are not new.

1679622282961.png

It’s not Texavina company . 2 different company from vietnam

I stated before I also have a seat from Texavina. Not the most comfortable but looks good.

Back