Self soldering heat shrink connectors

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever try these? Are they any good?
243FAFD1-F98B-496F-8A15-0320840F3E17.jpeg

These seem to be sold by various brands and outlets. Prices seem reasonable.

https://www.ebay.com/p/100pcs-Water...6%26rvr_ts%3D3c9de7701690a9ca29663820fff72255

I'd rather do it the old fashioned way, but I can.

BTW, his butting the two wires together reminded me of something. If you're doing something like installing a stereo, one of the best wire joints is one of the worst looking -- open up the strands of the two ends, mesh them together, and roll all the strands together up into a ball, Looks terrible, but try to pull it apart... :)

I’ve done a bunch of traditional solder joints then sleeved them with heat shrink. Those just looks so convenient and easy to use.

I’ve done a bunch of traditional solder joints then sleeved them with heat shrink. Those just looks so convenient and easy to use.
I'm really particular about mine. If it isn't shiny as a mirror and flowing just right I'll do it all over. Can't obsess like that with those connectors.

But I can see why they would be preferred in planes for anything critical over other possibilities. Don't know why you'd be splicing wires at all though, except maybe in manufacture.

Last edited:
Back