She should of hid the van keys

The best local Craigs has to offer right now is this '95 Seca II for $1700
I had a Seca Turbo II from the same vintage.

00z0z_h5DvGDSBrQT_600x450.jpg

Yes thanks for the link, I book marked it and I’m looking forward to reading it.

Great job on the Radian. It’s unbelievable how many really nice vintage bikes are still out there, if you just keep an open mind as to brands and models. Of course it helps to have the trouble shooting / problem solving skills of our Gary. You turned this bike into a really nice bike in record time. It’s a pleasure to watch you work.

Gaining on it, front tire came in today. I have a new rear tire also. The one on there is "good" but has a 2006 build date.
Got a used clutch cable freed up, but will install the new one I ordered, likely I gotta open the clutch will try just springs first but it slips pretty easy and neutral is kinda hard to find so might need to do plates.
View attachment 145506
And old enough for a Wisconsin collector plate!
Started looking for a small angular fairing that will match the lines.
Old Shoei FM2?

Last edited:
Old Shoei FM2?
Shoei but not that old prolly going on 10 though.
So with JRP1 'round the radian project was cooling it's heels. But got back at yesterday and today.
New clutch cable installed. Both slipping clutch and hard to find neutral "cured" :thumbsup:.
Set the valves, shim over bucket, will need to order a couple shims to finish the job, about half were fine, the others needed one size thicker shim. Not a bad job on this motor. Thanks to Mr. Bultaco for some shims and the Yamaha tool! Still need to set the cam chain.
New spark plugs, it had one range too hot plugs in it. Compression cold 158. 151, 147, 155, good for a cold engine with not many recent miles.
That darned mailman, he jinxed the carbs. So off they came, and they got the full monte yesterday.
Lots of fine sediment in all the float bowls,
20190728_095223.jpg

One carb was not bolted to the rack, one float valve was missing it's rubber tip.
Hint the Radians use an o-ring to seal the float valve body to the carb body just like BS34s but they must have changed the rubber formula. All 4 were glued into place, this was a case on a Radian I had a few years ago also. So I made a float valve body gripper and twisted firmly til the body released. Turns out I literally shredded the o-rings to get them loose!
20190728_134130.jpg

Also shows why you just have to remove them, the screens above the valve were loaded. Rest of the carbs really were pretty decent, no badly plugged jets or orifices. Kind of snug getting them in and out but got 'em all in place, buttoned up, put on a temp fuel tank and dag nab it they started leaking! Tried fuel on and off three times, no joy, started to unhook to remove and wait a minute! I had installed an aftermarket inline clear square fuel filter and it was split at a seam, leaking gas, that was it! the filter was bad, my carbs were fine, Woo Hoo. Drained fuel tank, dried, shook a chain in it and blew out the dust. Got a petcock rebuild kit, a few parts from it fit (grr) and worked but was able to get it together and working as it should, automatic fuel again.;) Added a quarter turn valve to the fuel line "just in case"
20190729_130745.jpg

These little Briggs and Stratton valves aren't cheap, about $7.50 at Farm and Fleet but they WORK! I have one on my test tank, a couple years now. Tried a couple cheap Chinese quarter turn valves, made of metal but they were all junk, quickly started leaking big time.

Bike started, ran, idled great.
Moving on, pulled the front wheel, replaced tire with new Shinko, balanced, and installed. These use a 16" front and rear, the front 110/90/16 is a pretty rare size. Front pads were about to metal on one side, so pulled, cleaned the calipers and replaced the pads. Since I had the pistons fully retracted I sucked all the brake fluid out of the reservoir and refilled, pulled brake lever off and cleaned, greased the pivot. Pads pumped out to the rotors easily, full hard lever. Prolly do a full brake strip next winter. Just got back from a test ride, all is good. Low RPM power much improved. Very smooth and loves to rev, not that Allison will do that! Still need to do chain and front sprocket, rear tire. But that can wait a few days, Allison can ride it to work.

Last edited:
That darned mailman, he jinxed the carbs. So off they came, and they got the full monte yesterday.

Sorry bro! :laugh2: I was rootin’ for you, I really hoped your shortcut cleaning method would work! Those carbs looked to be kinda tricky to work on, not much room either.
You just continue to impress the heck out of me , with the speed and accuracy of your work. What you accomplished today would’ve taken me weeks.
There was a Radian exactly like yours for sale here on Phoenix Craigslist. You sure had me looking at it! :D

As nice as Gary is making that bike look, and even though they enjoy a really good reputation. I’m no Gary. I’d have to factor in the cost of shipping it to and from Baraboo to have the wizard work his magic on it. :laugh2:
It's more like gggGary is no :bow:mailman:bow2: when it comes to quality of work and attention to detail!
"Needs repairs" wonder what THAT means?
Allison rode it to work and back yesterday seems good I really gotta synch the carbs one more time now that #4 is bolted to the rack.o_O.
I do like the Blue on this one.

Yup! I had a quicksilver on an xs750 back when they first came out. It is an outstanding little fairing. Really good protection, frame mount so it doesn’t affect your steering, storage pockets large enough for gloves and scarves and such. If you could find one it would be a nice addition!

Not sure whats up with the blued pipe yet. Runs well, it spent a lot of time sitting. Just the machine for an Italian tune up.
( Gary always has such cool bikes! )
D1A7C414-ECFA-4A80-8F9C-AE267F112376.jpeg

I was poking around on a couple of Guzzi forums. I couldn’t get very far because you can’t do forum searches if you’re not a member, anyhoo......
I found a couple entries regarding blue spots on the mufflers, there is a catalytic converter inside, and it generally seems as though the blue spot is a result of unburned fuel hitting the cat. A couple of reasons were offered, including one really easy fix with the spark plugs.
F73F74B4-7C2F-4776-82C6-17C81FB22C9E.jpeg

0A289D95-832D-4D90-AA86-AE21F580E833.jpeg

Back