Sheriff's Auctions

I signed up for an online auto auction a few years ago. I forget exactly how much I paid for the viewing list but I do remember feeling ripped off. sounds like a scam, to me.

most cities/states host monthly, even weekly, auto auctions. They're often free and there's usually an hour or two before the biding begins for viewing/inspection. There's one down the street from me every Thursday morning. The auction house won't start the cars and you can't bring any tools/testing gear but you can often get some info from employees. example A; a friend recently bought an old truck from an auction that was listed as having a blown motor. The young auction employee told him during the viewing hour that the truck simply needed a new battery. And, the listed details of most vehicles are often exaggerated because of salvaged title/totaled vehicle insurance laws/regs. He towed the truck back home, borrowed a battery, and it fired right up.

anyway, I wouldn't mess around with the online auctions unless you know for certain it's a sure-thing. check locally for auctions and also look into title transfer issues.

Back