shipping rant

its not just the shipping. The modern "practical" electronic gizmos coupled with a young work force just last week had my Bike Master "Euro" bars come in?
Wrong, the "Trackers" showed up lol..
Ordering is kinda like the drive thru ..
I did without again
-R

Hate to rain on the parade, but....
An ignition module for the BMW

May 11, 2020, 8:08 am
Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery Between 7:30am and 11:30am
BARABOO, WI 53913
Your item is out for delivery on May 11, 2020 at 8:08 am in BARABOO, WI 53913.
May 11, 2020, 7:57 am
Arrived at Post Office
BARABOO, WI 53913
May 11, 2020, 1:17 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
OAK CREEK WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 10, 2020, 9:08 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
May 10, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
May 8, 2020, 3:41 pm
LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
May 8, 2020, 3:40 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
May 7, 2020, 6:07 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
DENVER, CO 80219

BARABOO, WI 53913
Your item is out for delivery on May 11, 2020 at 8:08 am in BARABOO, WI 53913.
May 11, 2020, 7:57 am
Arrived at Post Office
BARABOO, WI 53913
May 11, 2020, 1:17 am
May 10, 2020, 9:08 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
May 10, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
May 8, 2020, 3:41 pm
May 8, 2020, 3:40 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
DENVER, CO 80219

Yeah buddy! Nothing stops the US Mail!
D6CAAE84-4001-473C-8EA6-4C3035C922CE.jpeg

BARABOO, WI 53913

DENVER, CO 80219

That item was handled entirely by the USPS. They should get it right. The problem is the cut rate shippers that combine services that usually involve USPS and UPS or FedEx. The use if the UPS/FedEx tracking number makes them look bad when they are not the responsible party. They aren't the actual shipper. Yes, I understand USPS uses UPS/FedEx and airlines to haul mail. FedEx employs USPS for final delivery in remote areas. That's a different situation entirely. It's the 3rd party shippers who are awful.

That item was handled entirely by the USPS. They should get it right. The problem is the cut rate shippers that combine services that usually involve USPS and UPS or FedEx. The use if the UPS/FedEx tracking number makes them look bad when they are not the responsible party. They aren't the actual shipper. Yes, I understand USPS uses UPS/FedEx and airlines to haul mail. FedEx employs USPS for final delivery in remote areas. That's a different situation entirely. It's the 3rd party shippers who are awful.

I’ve mentioned this before, OnTrac is especially bad, they are a third rate shoestring operation. I cringe when I see they have a package of mine.

That item was handled entirely by the USPS. They should get it right.

The package I sent to Willis is all USPS, dropped it off a the post office 6 blocks down the street myself. From MI to IN it has gone to Portland OR last scan was yesterday at NY Metro Complex...all USPS. IF (and that's being hopeful) it goes from NY straight to IN it will have traveled approx. 5900 miles to get 185 miles from it's point of origin.

The package I sent to Willis is all USPS, dropped it off a the post office 6 blocks down the street myself. From MI to IN it has gone to Portland OR last scan was yesterday at NY Metro Complex...all USPS. IF (and that's being hopeful) it goes from NY straight to IN it will have traveled approx. 5900 miles to get 185 miles from it's point of origin.

Newman!
6D7E47B5-860B-4E5D-A3B7-29A735ABE57A.jpeg

Fortunately for Beags and I this is a small part with no time crunch. I’d feel bad for someone who is desperately waiting on a part and to go through this. It’s made me laugh a little. I have no worries it will pan out in time. This by no means has any reflection on any parties here.

Forget the route it took but about a year ago I ordered a cheap MP3 player to use while mowing the lawn. As I recall it should have been an in-state shipment if the seller was correct as to where it was being shipped from. But it managed to hit at least three states to get to our house. Then to add a bit to the situation for some reason the seller sent me an email saying that they had a problem in some shipments and they were sending another. When I replied that we did get the first one they said "Never mind, keep the second one too!"

So as it was total unimportant that I got it at a specific time the delays in shipping were of no consequence and to boot we got a spare!

Another time I ordered something that I forget what it was but shipping was from two states away and it was taking a long time to show up. Just for fun I entered the shipping point and my house address in Google maps then selected the "walking" time and sure enough if the shipper had just handed it to a guy and said "Here take this to Ken in NY." he could have walked it here faster than UPS managed to do!

A while back when I lived in rural Manitoba I got a Christmas card from the UK.
Original postmark dated December 17th.
Delivered to my mailbox January 14th.
Big rubber stamping on back of envelope said:-
Re-directed from Office of mis-sent mail Sidney Australia January 9th.
If they can send a letter clear across the world in 5 days in the middle of the Christmas rush
WhyTF does it take 3 weeks for the Post Office to get me a motorcycle part from Calgary?

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!! Ten days and 5715 out of route miles later, I have my part! Glad it all works out. What a ride!

I ordered this stuff from China on Aug 5th just to get the black junction block. The stuff arrived today 9 days later. I was impressed.:yikes: This is the fastest shipping I`ve ever got from China.:)
china stuff 001.JPG

So... not quiet sure what to make of this. I ordered an 8" bench grinder off Ebay. Mon. morning I was down in the basement tending my garden when I got a ding on my phone saying it was delivered. That's odd, I thought to myself.... the dogs usually have a fit when a delivery's made. Went upstairs and Sue said a FedEx truck pulled up, sat there for about 2-3 min then left. She said the driver never got out of his truck. This was about 9:45-10:00 AM. A few hrs later I checked the FedEx website and here's the PDF proof of delivery. It shows that at 9:45 "A.Okagor" signed for it at a "front desk." I don't have a front desk and "Alex Okafor" is a defensive end for the KC Chiefs.
Did the driver park here just so his GPS shows he did? Anyone have rational explanation? To me, it has the feel of an inside scam. The Ebay seller overnited a replacement that showed up this morning. The box clearly shows what's inside. Never really considered there'd be a black market for bench grinders. :sneaky:

Untitledz.png

So... not quiet sure what to make of this. I ordered an 8" bench grinder off Ebay. Mon. morning I was down in the basement tending my garden when I got a ding on my phone saying it was delivered. That's odd, I thought to myself.... the dogs usually have a fit when a delivery's made. Went upstairs and Sue said a FedEx truck pulled up, sat there for about 2-3 min then left. She said the driver never got out of his truck. This was about 9:45-10:00 AM. A few hrs later I checked the FedEx website and here's the PDF proof of delivery. It shows that at 9:45 "A.Okagor" signed for it at a "front desk." I don't have a front desk and "Alex Okafor" is a defensive end for the KC Chiefs.
Did the driver park here just so his GPS shows he did? Anyone have rational explanation? To me, it has the feel of an inside scam. The Ebay seller overnited a replacement that showed up this morning. The box clearly shows what's inside. Never really considered there'd be a black market for bench grinders. :sneaky:

View attachment 182681
Due to the incredible volume, I believe Fedex Ground has enlisted more contractors just lately. They're running at peak since June. Please report it.

Back