Shop in Colorado to bore cylinders?

Muckroot

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello,

I have some old cylinder jugs that need to be bored 1 (maybe 2) over bore, but I can't seem to find any shops in my area by searching on line. Does anyone have some suggestions for Colorado? I'm able to drive anywhere in the Colorado Springs, Denver, and Pueblo area.

Do a google search for "car engine overhaul" in the town you want. Call the shops that pop up and ask them where they send their blocks. For instance I googled that for Denver and this shop popped up. They overhaul engines and claim they're also a machine shop.

From the link I put above....

Untitled.png

Do a google search for "car engine overhaul" in the town you want.
Looks like a young whipper snapper like myself DOESN'T know all there is to know about using the internet! Thank you for your advice, John! I never would have thought to look at car shops to get motorcycle work done.

Usually car shops don't like to get involved with bike engine boring..........not enough money for them to set up for 2 pots or they will charge accordingly...................there would be places that would do bikes if you look hard enough...........find an older shop or those that are sole operators

Call the motorcycle shops in your area, both dealers and indy shops. Ask them where they get their boring done. Our dealership back in the day had a machinist that was a motorcycle rider do some boring.

Back