Shops and Garages

Took a cue from Downeaster's "Shop lighting tips" on using budget 4' LED lighting.

http://www.xs650.com/threads/shop-lighting-tip.51485/

Down here, $22 each, but worth it.
20190909_LED_lighting.jpg

Put up 6 of those things, they're about 9' above the floor.
20190909_WorkshopLighting.jpg

Plenty bright for a 16' x 32' building...

... I’m looking forward to seeing how this space will be used!

Well, Bob, sorry to disappoint, but the immediate need is for storage.
Awhile back, I went to check on my long-term storage. Approaching the storage unit, things looked fine.
20190915_Lock01.jpg

A closer look, something didn't look right.
Do you see it?
20190915_Lock02.jpg

Yup, something's wrong here.
20190915_Lock03.jpg

According to the amount of rust, looks like the lock was probably snapped a few years ago.
20190915_Lock04.jpg

So, the urgent need to get that stuff outta there. Mostly household goods, the Dragon's engine and a few parts. Some items and boxes were taken, many boxes opened, some emptied. I'm still inventoring, the Dragon's engine was there, but I can't find its exhaust pipes. A challenging memory exercise, I haven't seen most of this stuff for over 20 years.

Unloading load #3.
20190914_Load3.jpg

Loading load #4.
20190915_Load4.jpg

Each of those boxes weighs no less than 35 (*grunt*) pounds.
95°F, in the shade, if you can find shade.
I figure at least 2 more loads... (*gasp*)

Last edited:
Hey if it would help I can fill as many trailers as you'd like with my stuff and bring it down. :confused:
Finding you've been burgled sucks. Chips away at that yeah the worlds crazy but things are OK here way we have of coping.
It's just stuff but still someones been messing with you. :wtf:

Reclaimed the floor space in packrat central...this is actually neat compared to what it was...brother has said he will clear it out a some more...He'll be heading to the local flea markets which have been very good to us ...I dont particularly like things high up on the shelves...There is a small workshop area where we basically keep most of the old tools..not organized ofc...Not a man cave by any means but cleaned up it has potential..would love to insulate it and put in a wall AC unit and heater for the winter...then I could keep the bike out there year round..As it is this Winter i plan to park the bike inside my house..keeping it cozy and warm...

20190922-150720.jpg

Getting ready for my prefab shed too. Should be delivered in about a week or so. Here we have the foundation pad prepped. Truck is coming today to drop about 6” of crushed limestone to be compacted and leveled with concrete runner blocks to sit on. We have very hard clay soil here.
D82C69E7-81B0-405D-866D-5EE54670ACA9.jpeg

Back