Should we be afraid of Artificial Intelligence?

Recalling "Mike" the sentient computer protagonist in Moon is Harsh Mistress.
Realizing that seeing and believing are now unlinked from reality, so far as indirect senses go...and I have read that already about 1/2 of "scientific" papers...trust the silence is an oxymoron... do the science works better....already maybe 1/2 are somewheres between cribbed and faked...
Revisit basic maths, chemistry, and physics...read about manipulating crowds...know real history (not so easy!)...then "AI" becomes revealed as mere propaganda machine...pretty much emotional too...
Let us revisit Miss Weaver in Galaxy Quest... are those AI generated?

....already maybe 1/2 are somewheres between cribbed and faked...

Heard a university lecturer on Radio Four a few months back talking about marking work submitted by his students. Apparently, getting harder and harder as more and more of what he receives appears to be machine generated . . .

Just now, I thought what would AI know about something subjective. I asked who makes the best hamburger?
It not only gave me multiple choices…. THEY ARE ALL NEAR MY HOUSE! Further down on the page are map locations too. 😲
View attachment 323460
This is an example of a good time to recognize AI. Because such a question is subjective, the answer is meaningless. It’s going by reviews, which I also think are meaningless. However, it does give a better answer than I would. The only Johnny Rockets experience I can recall was in Kuwait. Based upon that, ….

What, me worry? :er:

I just had time to watch this, and all I can say is ….mind blown!
Episode 1 Mind Blown GIF by The Office

With due respect, that is exactly the kind of fairly easy tricks to impress people that I intended here - https://www.xs650.com/threads/should-we-be-afraid-of-artificial-intelligence.63904/post-835841

The robot is programmed to activate servos to rolls its eyes and frown while it 'listens' and 'thinks'.

In the TV mini series Humans, Gemma Chan was playing a humanoid robot and in an interesting interview, she listed some of the techniques she used to play a machine. Which included moving her eyes towards a subject fractionally before moving her head. The just-noticeable pause gave a machine-like impression.

Or maybe I'm wrong and the robot in the clip really is listening and thinking . . . yes, that's it.

Last edited:
The second one came with the first clip. The first one I can see as genuine. The second was, to me, more of an alarmist, maybe AI generated, robot to get a reaction.

I'm disbelieving a lot of things, being sceptical more than disbelieving, and that is real sad

I follow this amazing woman who with her husband take amazing astrophotography then she paints and recreats the scene on canvas.

Recently she has been discussing the affect AI has on her work and when asking Art students about their future. AI makes us question, not just what we see, but life choices at a personable level and how it will also affect social and economic choices on who we can b or would like to become

I'm watching a documentary on FreeVee (Firestick) with the closed captioning on. The narrator has a right proper English accent and the closed captioning has to be AI generated. It's insane. It's hilarious. It's an abortion.
If this is a sampling of what's to come, it's not an improvement. I can't imagine what would be going through a bonafide hearing impaired persons mind with this Charlie Foxtrot.
The show, for any who want to witness.......
Forbidden Knowledge : Prophecies, Portals and Time Machines.
Yeah. Alright, it's Sunday, I'm just chillaxing.....

Back