Show off inside your eletrical boxes

You asked for it!!!:D

11159841066_682bae42e0_b.jpg

11159824656_dbfd35e5c7_b.jpg

I have some neodymium magnets in the knob, to cover the key hole when not in use.

11159824656_dbfd35e5c7_b.jpg

And yes, inside and out will be painted to prevent rust, as we have such lovely "dry" weather over here!!:laugh:

that looks great!! :thumbsup:
good size/fit for that area

I like the way the LED's light up when the fuse is blown. Just in case someone doesn't remember what circuit goes to what. I personally label all of mine with a label maker and apply the label directly to the wire right before it connects to the fuse block.
If you wired it you should know though! LOL...
Of course Airwolfie, I try just like you to do things the easiest and least expensive. May need that saved money on another part.

I like where you put your ignition key switch. I put mine sticking out the side and I am worried about snagging it and breaking that bastard off and being screwed. Stuck some where. Especially since I put a set screw through both ends of my electrics tank to hold the ends on. I would have to rig something. I think I should move it but then I would have to patch the hole I had to drill in the end for the switch.
full

I was wondering, if you know what jets you have in your sudco's? I need to check what mine has in them. I was thinking if it was going to end up being a pain I would just reinstall the original carbs.

Oh, also to help wrangle the wires together, I used black wire loom sleeve to run them in and then used a shit ton of zip-ties!! I love those things!!

I would have been broken off a key if mines was like that. Lol And I have 185 main and 27.5 pilot(a smidge rich, but too lazy to swap in the 25 I have ) c-clip in the middle.

Thanks Bro. I so need to dig back into mine. I am torn though. Im supposed to be selling the bike. Not getting back into it is driving me crazy. I'm starting to get looks from the wife again. Not Good Ones Either!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My electrical box is an actual electrical box. Purchased from Grainger for like 10 bucks. It has a nice gasket and keeps everything pretty clean and dry.

20130226-220246.jpg

20130226-220208.jpg

20130226-220230.jpg

ok who was that pervert that wanted to see inside peoples' electrical boxes? ;)
Well, here's mine at the moment. Still figuring it out. But basically it will contain Shorai batt, ignitor unit - and the starter solenoid gets mounted on the roof of it, like some weird little bug.
Still haven't decided where to mount key switch. Had wanted it to go on the top surface and down into this box, but that makes it wayyyyyyyyyyy too cluttered inside, with the 20 amp fuse and wire coming back from reg/rec.

Still have to cut down all the rubber stuff so the batt and ig box sit in there happily together. I have a couple of old rubber battery boots from Mike's that I will cut down for this purpose. The stuff is just crammed in for the moment.

The white "floor", btw, is a 1/2" thick piece of commercial kitchen nylon cutting board that I cut to size. Then I drill 4 big holes in the corners of that that to provide clearance for 4 bolt heads that will attach the box to 2 welded flat stock cross-pieces at bottom of frame.

Attachments

• batt box insidet.jpg
    batt box insidet.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 373
Dude, what a clean box! Yeah, I said it!! No one wants a jacked-up looking box!! Come on everyone admit it, nothing like a sweet looking box.

Anyways, you did a great job on that. Taking the time when you make all of your connections and routing them with enough extra wire, just in case; is what it's all about. Super clean. So, not going with blinkers? I don't see any flasher, autolite or solid state.

Just an idea that I did; I put labels on all of my connections so that way myself or anyone could find exactly what they were looking for if they needed to fix a problem or add anything to it, and not overload a circuit. You could even make one on the computer and then attach it to the inside cover like a car or truck's fuse panel.

Back