Show off inside your eletrical boxes

Here is my box with all the bits installed:

11782798603_c5931901bf_b.jpg

I installed the fuse box and flasher relay on a bit of Styrene.

11782503945_c8f66e1f0d_b.jpg

Neodymium magnets hold it down so it doesn't rattle along

11783293516_5eeb2bf5cd_b.jpg

Boyer box underneath, I'll wrap it in some foam to protect it.

11782976844_53129de68f_b.jpg

And it all fits inside!!!:D

11782993964_c7e58ef121_b.jpg

I see that you have plenty of room if expansion is needed. Nice and neat. Clean looking electrical box.

I ran my wires into my box from the bottom. I also put a rubber grommet in there before I inserted the wires. Keeps moisture out and protects the wires from rubbing an possible shorting.

Addition to a post that has been inactive for a couple of years:
View attachment 111407
Under seat tray with an M-Gadget M-Unit and previous version of the Pamco E-Advance unit.

That's one sweet looking set up! Great job!

I used one to on a non 650 build............was a 400 :redface: but my wife loves it :laugh2: not as clean as yours but mine works.

IMG_3978.JPG
IMG_3982.JPG

Spectra - What type of main fuse did you use? Looks like a glass tube type. What size output wires are those? They look smaller than 16 AWG which is what I understand is the minimum size. Any issues with your unit?

Spectra - What type of main fuse did you use? Looks like a glass tube type. What size output wires are those? They look smaller than 16 AWG which is what I understand is the minimum size. Any issues with your unit?

Are you looking at the black holder there? If so that's a small fuse for the M lock on the bike. I used a few motogadget things on this build. As for wire I used all the recommended sizes as I just purchased a kit.

So far so good everything works great I love the motogadget stuff.

Thanks Spectra. Yes the motogadget product is top notch. The m-unit saved this first time bike builder a lot of brain damage trying to understand relays, fuses, etc. Now I know more about a bike's electrical system I don't think I'll use one for my next build. As a number of forum members will state it's a pricey replacement for a fuse block and a relay or two.

Thanks Spectra. Yes the motogadget product is top notch. The m-unit saved this first time bike builder a lot of brain damage trying to understand relays, fuses, etc. Now I know more about a bike's electrical system I don't think I'll use one for my next build. As a number of forum members will state it's a pricey replacement for a fuse block and a relay or two.

I was in the same boat here on that one. It was my first time building and it made it really easy. Now yes trying to keep with all the factory stuff on another one I am working on.

Spectra. Nice bike by the way!

Thanks!

Back