Show Us Yer Junk!

jetmechmarty

Project collector
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
DAD2227B-F301-4940-B67C-A327EF1772ED.jpeg

1979 XS6502F. I found it in a junk yard while shopping for a bumper for the Family Truckster. I sold parts I didn’t want on eBay. I got my money back and then some. I have since collected the tins. I think I paid $30 for it. Engine is locked up. I have decided what I’m going to do with it. Other stuff comes first.
7463970A-DD9A-4CC2-A26F-21AB61D7254B.jpeg
XS650E. I have this in another thread. I found this in my brother-in-law’s garage. I was happy to get it out of his way. I’m futzing with it now.
B84A5560-43BB-40C1-845B-92614ACD0BD6.jpeg
Two XS1100SGs. I bought these. I intend to make one bike out of these. I’ve decided what I want to do with them. I just need to execute.

I just need to fit these in the budgets. Time & money. For me, it’s a healthy distraction.

Who’s next?

OK... I'll play. :D

Special... unknown year. Motors free but very low compression.
1.jpg

'Nother special. This one's the speed twin build.

speed twin.jpg

An XS1 motor. Locked up.

xs1.jpg

Odds and ends....

odds and ends.jpg

more.....

more stuff.jpg

more....

more junk.jpg

more odds and ends.jpg

another engine. Good compression.

another engine.jpg

And (almost) enough DT250 stuff to start a cafe build.

DT frame.jpg DT engine.jpg DT swingarm.jpg DT wheels.jpg

There's more down in the shed. I'm jus' too lazy to go down there for pics... :rolleyes:

1979 Sansui G801, JBL sudio monitors.
It's sad how you can replace all that beautiful and expensive (at the time) killer stereo equipment with a Bluetooth speaker and an iPhone.
But, but, but..... fergit it. You don't need it. It's extinct technology. That's why it's so sad...
Back in the day you could get some killer deals out of the PX's in Europe. I had a Kenwood amp, equalizer and Cassette. Pioneer turntable with a Pickering V-15 needle. A Teac 10" reel to reel. Bose 501's on the floor and 901's hanging in the corners. It was some serious sound stuff for a jet mechanic who was half deaf. :er:

Have you ever looked at those old high end vintage stereos for sale on Craigslist? For a short while you could find old systems cheap as chips! But guys started snapping them up and fixing them and now they’re a hot commodity, at least here they are.

Back in the day you could get some killer deals out of the PX's in Europe.

Most of this stuff came from the PX in Naples, Italy. The box right of the receiver contains a brand new Technics turntable, also purchased in 1979 or 80. I don't have a clue how to play music today. My wife has a blue tooth speaker and iPhone. It doesn't sound good to me.

Have you ever looked at those old high end vintage stereos for sale on Craigslist? For a short while you could find old systems cheap as chips! But guys started snapping them up and fixing them and now they’re a hot commodity, at least here they are.
I just shopped vintage JBL monitors on eBay. Beat up and 40 years old they're asking $1K!

- - - View attachment 154215
Two XS1100SGs. I bought these. I intend to make one bike out of these. I’ve decided what I want to do with them. I just need to execute.
I just need to fit these in the budgets. Time & money. For me, it’s a healthy distraction.
Who’s next?

Hi marty,
keeping my zipper closed and my XS650/SofA sidecar rig garaged under a tarp until spring so alas no photo.
About your XS11SGs, I hybridized the front forks on mine (Special fork stanchions/Standard 'trees} to reduce the fork trail for sidecar use.
Which locked me into using the Special's Weird Harold front calipers. Seems to me that a designer who thinks swivelling calipers and
tapered brake pads are a good idea is in need of therapy, or to re-take the design course. or get a kick up the arse.

Seems to me that a designer who thinks swivelling calipers and
tapered brake pads are a good idea is in need of therapy, or to re-take the design course. or get a kick up the arse.

Yes weird, but they work okay. Once I move to that project I’ll investigate using XJ1100 forks, as I believe those forks have standard lugs.

CFE358DB-AA3F-4A9C-9272-5564E7065264.jpeg

It’s cold in the garage. I have begun a revival. We threw away or gave away a couple of truckloads of junk over the last few months. The hi-fi stayed. I spent a few hours on dirt removal last night. Basement storage did it no favors. I hope to have it fully serviceable before Christmas.

Back