Wanted - Side Cover Latch

cmyoch

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Does anyone have a side cover latch that would work on a 78 Special that you would care to part with?

Craig

I am quite sure I have an extra, but it may be a few days before I can clear the snow to get to it. If I find it, you can have it for free, and I will cover shipping.

Let me give you something for it. Thanks a bunch, I wanted to find a bolt to hold the cover on but I can't just can't get myself to do it. I'd rather ride it without the cover!

If you find one, PM me and I'll send you my address.

Craig

Craig, I found one in my house. The rubber grommet is a bit cracked (still useable if you install it with care and a bit of lube), but the assembly is complete. Pm me your address and I will send it tomorrow. No charge; just trying to give my karma a tune-up.

Danno, your latch arrived in the mail today. I installed it and now I have two side covers on my ride which makes it look complete. Thank you so much! Here's proof that this is an awesome forum full of guys (and gals) who look out for each other and are helpful as can be. If I can be of any help myself, you know I'll be there!