1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Sold / Found / Inactive - Side covers for XS650B 1975

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Niels B, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Niels B

Niels B XS650 Enthusiast

Anyone have a pair of sidecovers for a 1975 XS650 ? mine have been modified to fit air filters for a different than original set of carburetors. Also interested in a complete set of original type carburetors if in either working condition or in a condition that would make them work after refurbishing - in other words I'm unable to fix them if broken :)
    alternative if they can be purchased - see a few on eBay but they are pretty banged up !
    Also looking for the original silencer and cover for the air filter box.
    thank you
    Niels

2. Hightower-Ash98

Hightower-Ash98 XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

I think I've got some that are similar, came with my 82 in a psets box. They dont fit/ look like the 70's verson

3. DogBunny

DogBunny Motorcychologist Top Contributor

Niels B likes this.
  4. Niels B

Niels B XS650 Enthusiast

do you mind take a look and possible shoot a picture or two when you have a chance?

Hightower-Ash98 likes this.
  5. willis

willis xsive compulsive disorder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Are you doing a correct restoration or just looking for a nice set? I’ve got a really clean set of side covers that were repainted in black, but they do not have the factory silver flake that the Star Black came from the factory with. I wasn’t looking to part with them, but I’ve got some goodies I need to buy. I can get some pics if interested.

6. Niels B

Niels B XS650 Enthusiast

If they are in good condition i'll be happy to see a couple of pictures, I'm trying to do back to original, however have no issues with having to repaint :) the old star black is pretty faded if even visible on many of these oldies - as long as they fit a '75

7. willis

I’ll see about some pictures tomorrow. Got to get them out of storage.

Hightower-Ash98 likes this.
  8. willis

Here you go. Paint is very good condition. No dings or dents. The knobs in these pictures are custom units and will be removed. I have other knobs I can include in the sale though.
    B1E87AD3-D293-4D78-866E-4CF9EBD768D0.jpeg 285066DB-049B-4C29-B81C-C7F44551D87C.jpeg

9. Niels B

Niels B XS650 Enthusiast

Indeed looks like mine except these are not modified :) would like knobs included ( not the custom ones ) what do you want for the set ? You can email me nielsbull@outlook.com
    Regards

10. willis

I'd like to get $200 for them. That would include a nice set of knobs. I can take more pictures if you like. These are very straight and ready to go.
    I have a matching tank too, but it has some paint issues.

11. Niels B

Niels B XS650 Enthusiast

looks pretty good to me - will that include shipping ?
    I would like to see some pictures of the tank as well - mine is actually not to bad, however needs paint and decals - any other parts? Original carbs? Air filter covers ?
    Anyway shoot me a mail with some pictures - just rode it to from local dmv today to get the title and plate in my name :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  12. Niels B

Niels B XS650 Enthusiast

13. willis

I can get a shipping quote if you provide your zip code.

14. willis

Should be able to get it shipped for about $10. Call it $210 to your door? You can Paypal me at Robweir74@gmail.com and I can get it in the mail tomorrow. Prefer to have a Paypal friends and family transfer to avoid the fees if possible. Let me know.

15. Niels B

Niels B XS650 Enthusiast

Money send on PayPal as friend - send you an email to the above address with my full address

16. willis

Side covers sold! Thx Niels.

17. Hightower-Ash98

Hightower-Ash98 XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Are they modded, what's different