sidecar anyone?

- 10 years ago it was rare to find sidecar outfits at runs and meets here, now its becoming more and more prevalent

- the elephanten treffen here is a winter meet dedicated to sidecars and is becoming quite popular - snow chains compulsary - i have to say its fun and hardcore

on the subject of sidecar rigs, i've been tempted to get a cj750, love the styling, and the history of the copying, just like the indian Enfields, and they're somewhat affordable (well, not compared to an xs)

- ah, the chang jiang 750, chinese bmw, flathead and OHV options

09-0929-ad%20(1).jpg

- interesting that all export models seem to be ex red army...yes i agree about the flat head side valve being a looker

I don't see the side car ever finding anything close to wide adoption here in the U.S. Americans aren't brave enough to ride in a fiberglas capsil at 70mph. Not unless they figure out how to add 12 airbags and crumble zones:shrug:

Last edited:
Not unless they figure out how to add 12 airbags and crumble zones:shrug:

I'm surprised Honda's not already working on that since they came out with the Goldwing with the airbag and ABS. Might as well give it a sidecar with an airbag and maybe a couple of side airbags for good measure.

- naya, while we're at it, why not seatbelts, a roof and, hey, lets call it a cage

Back