Simple carb/petcock question.

chopit25

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I was reading another thread earlier and thought I would get some clarity. I have early model bs38's. They are separate as far as having separate throttles but do have two hoses in the middle connecting them and each have a fuel inlet from the petcocks. I switched from a tank with two petcocks to a tank with only one petcock. I added a tee fitting that sends fuel into each carb. I read a comment that said since the carbs are connected in the middle you only need to feed one carb thru the out side and it feeds both carbs the the link hose in the middle. Is this correct or would that starve the other carb?
I ask because the way it is setup with the brass tee fitting either pinches the fuel lines or has to be placed in an awkward spot so they don't.

You only need one petcock and you only need to run a hose to one of the two fuel inlets. Cap off the other fuel inlet. Get rid of tee that you added. A 90-degree fuel filter will make routing even easier, and just about completely eliminate the possibility of pinching.
Make your own cap from a short piece of hose and a piece of rod -- the unthreaded shank portion of a bolt will work.

Back