single cylinder cam

I don't think that is what it does. I think that cam uses both cylinders, but sets them to fire at the same time.

I see what you are saying now. Yeah, it would be like a thumper, but would still retain both jugs. I was thinking that you wanted to only one run cylinder.

Wonder how the physics of that would translate on the street? Would you be doubling the interval between firings, or doubling the output by having them occur simultaneously, or both? Curious!

TC

Well... it would make it a bit of fun to kick over with enough gusto to make a full revolution. It would sound half as fast and twice and big. Heck, someone ought to do it, just to see what happens!

Well... it would make it a bit of fun to kick over with enough gusto to make a full revolution. It would sound half as fast and twice and big. Heck, someone ought to do it, just to see what happens!

Oh... never thought about the kick, 'cause you'd be fighting pistons on the compression stroke, right? :yikes:

Someone will do it... you watch! :p

TC

Do you think it would vibrate, or bounce up and down?

We pressed a.1967 250 suzuki hustler twin crank apart and rephased it so the pistons where together at top and bottom used a dual wire coil and only 1 set of points. Their was a definite increase in lower rpm torque but it vibrated worse than a normal 250 single We called it a twingle Nobody wanted to ride it because of the vibration so we put it back the way suzuki intended it to be and bought real single cylinder dirt bikes

I always loves watching people try to kick start my xr600 with the compression release removed. I lost the key so I hot wired it. I figured if you could start it then I would let you ride it. I loved the torque of the thumper. You could pull stumps in 2nd gear.

I always loves watching people try to kick start my xr600 with the compression release removed. I lost the key so I hot wired it. I figured if you could start it then I would let you ride it. I loved the torque of the thumper. You could pull stumps in 2nd gear.

A budy of mine always left his matchless parked with manual spark in full advanced position caught many guys limping away from where we parked at school

I read somewhere it has been done. Hillclimber? Would be a beast on the street and probably have as much or more torgue than a stock Sporster. You could always put a cocktail shaker cup on the front fender!

Back