Sitting on PMA but mikes sold out of Pamco kits!!! Please help

YeahbroVT

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forums here. My stator crapped out on me so I decided to upgrade to PMA. My bike is a 83 special so I need points or pamco. I ordered the kit from mikes to have them tell me 4 days later they are refunding me my money because they don't have e advancer or high output coil but they will be in next week. This was 2.5 weeks ago!!! Any suggestions on what to do? Or any inside scoop on when mikes will be in stock?? My battery won't hold a charge for long so I can barely get anywhere without it dying. I'm missing out on some nice VT days!
Thanks!

I can get it from there but I still need the advancer and high output coil to install it. Those are the parts that mikesxs are out of

We'll find out. Just ordered my E-advance direct a while ago for my 79.

I was planning on going with the mechanical advancer, didn't have the extra cash for the e-advancer. Even if I did I would still unfortunately need the coil

So I was planning on going with the mechanical advancer but mikes is sold out.

Can anyone tell me the benefits of using the e advancer vs mechanical?? If I decide to go the electronic route I can use my stock coil until mikes gets the high output coil back in stock. Even though piecing it out is a lot more the n the kit mikes had offered.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Mike

Back