Slimey Crud run May 3rd Pine Bluff to Leland Wisconsin

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/

I was plum embarrassed by the paucity of XS650's at the run last fall!
Let's get em out there boys. I am fairly sure I'll get the 79 and the 73 there, maybe an HS too. Running out of time to get an early bike done, too damned many projects to do.

Hey RD wus think'n O you today, I have one of your front wheels installed on the 79 and took it out for a run today. :thumbsup::D:thumbsup: So at least in some small way you WILL be at the crud! That Mikes 2.15 x 19 rim was not all that fun to true but I must have done OK because clutch in at 65MPH it's quite smooth. One bearing wasn't quite seated, that made a difference. :wink2: So far so good with a Michelin 100/90 19 Pilot Activ on it.

Can you remember what all was done to those carbs, throttle shaft seals replaced?

That's the run that Peter Egan always used to write about in Cycle World articles!!

He mentioned in numerous times as I recall....ever meet him?

I think these guys are "just about" ready for the run.

73-79 ready for the slimey crud.jpg

Funny how it always involves a last minute thrash...

Hope to see you there.

73-79 ready for the slimey crud.jpg

I like the Maroon one.:thumbsup: Been watching the weather with this run in the back of my mind. Right now looks like to much chance of rain between Ill and up there.

gggGary AccuWeather says your high is 81 today.
Great riding weather! Hope it is a safe one.

Great weather, day, a LOT of bikes showed. I'll guess at least 3000 showed. I saw about 4 other XS650's

sl5-2015.jpg

We had a great day put on 100 miles on both XS's, they behaved perfectly. I have been riding with my bud John for more than 40 years now. Lots of great bikes there, great to meet lots of new and old friends
A few shots of whatever happened to catch my interest.

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

sc4.jpg

sc5.jpg

sc6.jpg

sc7.jpg

sc8.jpg

sc9.jpg

sc10.jpg

sc11.jpg

sc12.jpg