Slimey Crud run Sunday October 5th

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Planning on riding the 79 in maxy maroon paint.
It's going to be a bit cool so may just go to Leland. But then again it's great to see the Madison guys down at Pine Bluff.
Peter Egan was at the spring show on his commando.

I'll wear my XS John cap and black XS hoody, say hi if you see me!

get the run poop here. http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/

I was hoping to make it this fall but I can't get the day off of work. Plus all of my riding buddies sold their bikes. I look forward to seeing any pics if you post any. Enjoy one of those great cheese sandwiches in Leland for me.

First big local snowmobile grassdrag/swap meet in Belevidere Il. Time to put the bikes away for me. Triumph already in the shed. HD goes into storage end of month. Tracker in garage for now. Looks like high 50's/low 60's and sunny Sunday. Have a good time.

First big local snowmobile grassdrag/swap meet in Belevidere Il. Time to put the bikes away for me. Triumph already in the shed. HD goes into storage end of month. Tracker in garage for now. Looks like high 50's/low 60's and sunny Sunday. Have a good time.

Bumer Dave it's just getting to the good weather for riding here.
I kinda wish my Triumph was in the shed though just got my first ticket on mine.
It's been over 15 years since my last ticket
the cop did cut me a break though cause I'm a crazy old man. He could have taken me to jail. 100 in a 45 going over the bridge :doh:

Carbon, not a bummer for me. Bikes are just something to do until I can sled, my real passion. Bikes were my first love in 74, that all changed in 78 when I took my first sled ride. Been that way ever since.

Carbon, not a bummer for me. Bikes are just something to do until I can sled, my real passion. Bikes were my first love in 74, that all changed in 78 when I took my first sled ride. Been that way ever since.

I've been south bound for most of my life, I've never been on a sled hell I've never ever seen one in person. It does sound like alot of fun :thumbsup:

38 at 6AM should make the 50's with some sun.

Just added a fused battery tap for a heated vest OR pants LOL, I'll see how well the 79 can handle the load. I have a PWM control coming but it's not here yet. So it'll have to be on off for today. Tossed one of those LED charge indicators on too so I can keep track of how it's doing.
The vest, lots of thermal underwear and some iron oxide hard warmers should do it. Probably just 100 miles all told with plenty of hot coffee breaks but my skinny ass ain't fond of cold. Will shoot some pics.

a lot of blood runs thru the legs, gggary. Ide go for the pants. you can shove hand warmers in your jacket till you look like Arnold.

iron oxide hand warmers and layers saw me through 100 miles today. Electric chaps may have worked at first but a connector came unplugged, shrug.
Good turnout but not as strong as warmer cruds.
My bike was the only XS650 I saw today. :mad:

Just random shots, mainly of old bikes I liked.

crud%20001.JPG

crud%20002.JPG

crud%20003.JPG

crud%20004.JPG

crud%20005.JPG

crud%20006.JPG

crud%20007.JPG

crud%20008.JPG

crud%20009.JPG

crud%20010.JPG

crud%20011.JPG

crud%20012.JPG

crud%20013.JPG

crud%20014.JPG

crud%20015.JPG

crud%20016.JPG

crud%20017.JPG

crud%20018.JPG

crud%20019.JPG

crud%20020.JPG

crud%20021.JPG

crud%20022.JPG

crud%20023.JPG

crud%20024.JPG

crud%20025.JPG

crud%20026.JPG

crud%20027.JPG

crud%20028.JPG

crud%20029.JPG

crud%20030.JPG

crud%20031.JPG

crud%20032.JPG

crud%20034.JPG

crud%20035.JPG

crud%20036.JPG

crud%20037.JPG

crud%20038.JPG

crud%20039.JPG

crud%20040.JPG

crud%20042.JPG

crud%20043.JPG

crud%20044.JPG

crud%20045.JPG

crud%20046.JPG

crud%20047.JPG

crud%20048.JPG

crud%20049.JPG

crud%20050.JPG

crud%20051.JPG

crud%20052.JPG

crud%20053.JPG

crud%20054.JPG

crud%20055.JPG

crud%20056.JPG

iron oxide hand warmers and layers saw me through 100 miles today. Electric chaps may have worked at first but a connector came unplugged, shrug.
Good turnout but not as strong as warmer cruds. - - -
My bike was the only XS650 I saw today. :mad:

Hi Gary,
Ooh, nice.
Bikes that I lust after, bikes that intrigue me, bikes that I still remember how to fix if I still had my Whitworth wrenches.
More bikes than I've seen at most of the rallies I've recently attended.
But alas, not a single one that I could afford to buy.
Thanks for the picture show.

Your the man great pictures of the bikes. Doesn't surprise me you were the only 650 at the show as most owners are wimps and no shows. Tell me about those electric chaps where did you get them. Before the plug came off did they work and how well did the alternator handle the load?

scabber on the chaps; They are an old pair of Widders got em with a leather coat a few years ago. I think they were working for a while, My legs felt warm a connector just cam unplugged. I have a second set of chaps, vest, and cords but they are size small. Above 2K the charging was neutral, above 3K it was charging fine. At idle with a turn signal going it was sucking on the battery a bit but no running problems.

Thanks for the reply. Good to know the alternator can handle it. Some really nice bikes at the show. Your bike was one of the nicer ones that was there.

Sweet pics as always. It looks like someone needs to learn the difference between and RD and an RZ.
In the one pic I couldn't figure if your object was the Dream or the nice Hawk GT650 behind it!

Thanks for the pics Gary. One of my fav's was first. The Kawi 2 smoker triples. There was a KZ650 Custom at the sled swap yesterday. Nice shape. Glad I didn't have a trailer with me!

Back