Slimey crud run Sunday October 7th Madison WI

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
It's Slimey Crud Run time again!
Wife and I are going, bikes to be determined, who else is coming?
We need to beef up the XS650 contingent.

Shamelessly stolen SCR blurb.

The SLIMEY CRUD RUN should be on every
motorcyclist’s “Bucket List.” Peter Egan once
referred to it as a bunch of guys with café racers
going for a little ride. But it’s more than that. Nostalgia,
thumpers, and café fairings rule the day; with
shell helmets, worn-out leather jackets, and goggles
worn by young riders who were born too-late for the
first go-round of these machines.
Enjoy a leisurely Sunday morning, then plan to
arrive at Leland (only 65 twisty miles south of
Tomah) in the early afternoon.
From the vintage to the new, this event is like
Candyland for Bikers. Check out more information
at slimeycrud.com, and add it to your weekend
schedule if you can.

First Slimey crud weather forecast

Sunday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 64.
I need to make a trip to Madison and get some titles transfered and hopefully collector license plates this week. Should be riding a "to be determined" XS650.

Well I showed up in Leland soaked and tired. 115 miles there with a few stops and 90 miles were in the rain. It was blast only a handful of bikes were there. I only seen 1 other xs650 a 75 that was very clean. I'm looking forward to the october run.

Well you are a lot braver than I, it was pouring rain here this morning and I stayed home. I think the 75 belongs to a friend from Sauk City. Yup next fall and the Wildcat Mountain ride on Labor day weekend.

Nice looking 79 Bergoff!

Yep that's the guy. We made it to Argyle and had to stop my friends 79 cb750 died it had a cracked coil. We waited 30 mins at a gas station. Another guy almost called it quits halfway to Leland. Only the parking lot across from the bar was full and maybe 30 were in front of it. But there were a few neat old rides. My rat cafe was getting some looks. One of the best was an old Triumph that was cherry.

The fall run is next Sunday October 7th. Anyone who wants or needs a place to stop is welcome here. We are close to the run. The Baraboo bluffs are in full fall finery. Weather isn't looking too good for next weekend But the first part of the week is looking awesome.

I swear no matter what, I will be there on an XS650!
Which one is an entirely different question.
My wife will ride one also if there are two running come next weekend, and the weather isn't TOO bad.
They are currently saying low 50's partly cloudy for next Sunday. That'd be OK.

If anyone is doing the crud keep my phone number for a get together or "emergency service, parts" 6O8 Gary 4342715

There is supposed to be a pre crud breakfast served at the Blue Moon Bar on University Avenue I plan to go there. I will be riding this.

77paint.jpg

I plan to be at the Blue Moon for breakfast then head out to Pine bluff and will ride up to Leyland noonish? before returning home. So anywhere's in there!

Walked around Leland twice looking for you but missed your bike. I saw you leaving as I was leaving. Oh well maybe next year. Did 220 miles today....a few degrees warmer would have been nice.

Dang, I am very sorry I missed you, you should have followed us to Baraboo! My wife rode to Leland on her Shadow, wanted to go home to see the rest of the Packers game. Turns out we should have stayed. I saw about 10 XS650s, I think I got pics of all of them, that's the most I have seen since I started going. Talked to three others who were not on their 650's. It was a bit "bracing" at 8 this morning.
I'll post up some pics later.

I didn't take the XS either, it was cold enough on the V star for these old bones! I saw quite a few 650's also. The yellow tracker looked pretty nice.

Back