Slimey Crud Run Sunday Pine Bluff, WI slimy oct 6 2013

Hope to see you there. A must do for any hard core bike fancier within a day's drive.
Something for just about everyone and a great laid back atmosphere with some excellent riding. I should have gone more, this will be my 4th time.

I'll be up there, and will be looking for that leather jacket if you still have it, Gary. Hopefully, I'll be on a Yamaha 650 with a wire front wheel. (Thanks again!)

I will most likely ride down on The Workhorse or possibly a demo bike from Nick's BMW. Like ggg says, if you are within striking distance, it's worth the ride. I wish there were more nice roads on the way. We spend to much time on the slab.

set your GPS to shortest DISTANCE and see where you end up going. I do that on road trips when i get bored with the slab. It can be a hoot in an area you don't know.
Welcome to the board Cooter, let me know if I should have an extra jacket along....

I couldn't get of off work. So I put in for vacation for the october run. Plus my seat is still getting covered.

Good ride, a bit chilly struggling to break 50 degrees and windy. Here's a few pics for those that missed out. My Heritage and the chopper were the only 2 XS650's I saw, Notice the chain drive conversion on the V max. I would guess 1500-2000 bikes showed.

slimey crud run 034 (800x600).jpg

slimey crud run 036 (800x600).jpg

slimey crud run 041 (800x531).jpg

slimey crud run 030 (800x600).jpg

slimey crud run 032 (800x600).jpg

slimey crud run 005 (800x600).jpg

Yeah my friend said it was a chilly ride. I don't know if you seen it but he had the yellow vulcan 800 with 18 inch apes on it. He busted my balls for not making it.

Its time again. Who's going next Sunday. I have the day off work and will be there rain or shine. So far there's only a few of the guys going with me that went in October.

They're calling for a chance of rain. I'm just hoping that its not as wet as last year. That was one of the worst rides I've been on.

There will be a few of the Madison XS'rs there for sure.
T O S, a fine line in many cases.

Can't wait. All but one of my friends backed out. Leaving Freeport around 8:45. Hopefully I will get to meet you this time.

What a great ride today. 225 miles tound trip. There was some crazy Mad Max stuff and some great classics. Here are some of my favorites. http://s744.photobucket.com/user/bergoff/library/crud%20run?sort=3&page=1

I need to bring my camera and stop using my phone so I don't worry about the battery going dead. I didn't see you Gary but I might have seen your wife. Was she wearing a XS650 charcoal t-shirt?

Yeah she had on that shirt, she was riding a Heritage Special with custom paint, I had the burgandy 77 stock paint you made it up to Leland then?
I was at Pine bluff from about 10 to 11:30 and Leland from noon to 2. Big turnout today and most excellent weather. Thousands of bikes, I would say. I don't think I saw your bike.

Back