Slug's First Custom Build

denisducati750

650 Custom Chop
Reaction score
Well have almost finished putting the XS650 top end back together with new pistons and gaskets etc in my first ever attempt at an engine build. Next step is sorting out what needs to be done to the Amen or Santee frame I am putting my engine into eventually. I still can't figure out who made this frame of the two chopper frames but don't vare as long as it suits my custom. Check out a walk around the frame mock-up and another 30 sec look at the seating position I'm aiming for at the following links. Thanks for all the help I've already found on here as well through the engine rebuild. Slug

Looks like a comfortable amount of length you've got going there.
Might even be able to set back another couple inches...

Attachments

• Slug01.jpg
    Slug01.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Yeah, I want it long and low looking, but in this rough mock-up the front wheel would come back about 2 inches with bearings fitted. And the rear wheel chain adjusters are at a point where the rear axle is sitting back as far as it will go, so maybe another couple of inches at the wheel/road contact point.
After reading about all the geometry dramas around putting a mono shock rear in, I am now thinking just shorter shocks on the rear. I did that with an old Harley Sportster years ago, shorter shocks and added three inches into the sing arm - it looked great and sat really low.

Back