So many alternators

dlabkeeg

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm putting a 56 chevy truck together. Thinking of going green with an electric motor, but I want to be able to go more then 10 or 20 miles per charge(truck is heavier then your average electric car). The question is can you hook up alternators in series to get more voltage? i.e. 12V @ 100amps + 12V @ 100amps = 24V @ 100amps. Like batteries in series. I would have to hook up 12, yes 12 alternators together(that's one hell of a bracket). Just seems to me that they would burn up, but hey what do I know. The engine to run the alts would be natural gas(still thinking green). Plus natural gas here is 75 cents to $1.39 A gallon

Click
report.gif
and say you need your thread moved. :cheers:

So you're basically building a natural gas powered generator to power an electric motor to move your truck... hmm.. I don't know if I would attempt a project like that. Sounds like a lot of work!

What could go wrong?:D That's all a chevy volts is, but with a gas engine. Went to an alternative fuel fair 2 weeks ago, and it got me thinking. As far as a lot of work, my dad retires in 2 months. He'll need something to do. My house will be paid off a few months after that, and I'll be able to throw some real money at it.:pimp: I see you already move the thread. Thanks.

Back