Springer XS650 with custom hardtail, 21" wheel, Jockey Shift.

highroller95

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Just got this bike done and have been having a bunch of fun riding it! Let me know what you think. Thanks to all of you for answering my questions during the build, it was very hepful.

168.JPG

171.JPG

172.JPG

177.JPG

184.JPG

internal throttle setup im guessing...looks frickin clean man! what size bars are you running?

that is awesome, same jockey shift idea that I was going to do. are those real dollars?

What I'd like to know is how does the internal throttle make the 90 degree in the bars?

X3 I have an internal throttle set up that I want to run with some apes...

Bueller....Bueller....Bueller...

The bars on the bike are some Z bars that I traded a friend some extra parts for. I think they are 8" bars and they are 1" diameter. The springer front end is a 4 under DNA that I got from ebay and so far it rides better than I thought it would. It doesn't have much compression when it comes to big bumps, but it handles all the road cracks and expansion joints well. The frame is a custom hardtail that a friend of mine (Ryan May) that owns a small fab shop called Twisted Metal made for this bike. I told him that I wanted the rear axle to go back 6" and up 3" and after that he could do what he wanted. He did an outstanding job. The internal throttle is a Pat Kennedy that I picked up used from ebay and it works good. The internal cable was the result of a bet from a friend that it wouldn't work, so of course I had to try it. Supprisingly it has a very easy twist and doesn't bind at all ($20 to me). The paint is real money and real gold leaf that is BURIED under 27 coats of clear.

The clutch cable I made from a parts unlimited replacement cable. Took a couple of tries to get it right, left me on the side of the road a couple of times. I think that breaking and remaking parts is part of a true custom, anyone can order out of a catalog.

Thanks for the compliments, the tank was something I have wanted to try for a while. A lot more work than I had originaly thought. I have done airbrushing and pinstriping for years and this tank had more work than most I have done for customers.

The tire is an Avon Venom wide white wall. They make them in all different sizes, cant remember what this one is, I think a 160/15

Back