1. Miss the t-shirt presale and want one? Already have one, but want another because they are so awesome? The extra t-shirts are now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

state slangs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ron bayless, Jul 16, 2017.

1. ron bayless

ron bayless XS650 Addict

In texas we have a lot of slang expressions.Like getting your ass kicked. That would mean generally someone beating you up, you lost in a fight with someone. Your most posterior parts might never had someone's foot against it during the battle. Or in it either as it is sometimes said.Or their foot broken off inside your backside either. However, one must avoid at all costs getting their ass kicked. Or getting a mudhole stomped in it.

2. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs Kablatta, kablatta...

Back when I lived in Kansas, I recall the local powers-that-be were getting fed-up with Kansas being referred to as "Flyover country", that boring stretch for the LA-NYC commuting elitists.

They soon adopted the state slang, or logo:

"Linger Longer"...

3. ron bayless

ron bayless XS650 Addict

I went to doge city and wichita one time.The roads are really straight through there

4. Take you on a tour of the back 40.

robinc likes this.
  5. ron bayless

ron bayless XS650 Addict

colder than a welldiggers ass. 110 in the shade. Don't mess with Texas. Node: was aware of

6. Dumb as a bag of hammers, thick as two short planks, couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag, doesn't know his arse from his elbow....

jonesey and ron bayless like this.
  7. robinc

robinc Member of the 'yellow meter gang'

One of our favorites north of the 49th.

Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

jonesey likes this.
  8. Cold as a witches' tit,

9. If something is pointless or hopeless:
    - you might as well save your breath to cool your porridge, you're pissin' into the wind on that one, you haven't got a snowball's chance in a blast furnace there boy, I sure hope you've got a Plan B.

If something is useless or non-functional:
    - as dead as a door nail, useless as a milk bucket under a bull.

ron bayless likes this.
  10. ron bayless

ron bayless XS650 Addict

that is actually a real event.Sailing ships centuries ago that had cannons had cannon balls piled up on a rack.The rack was called a brass monkey.If it was frigid enough outside the balls would get so cold they rolled off the rack.

11. ron bayless

ron bayless XS650 Addict

i have been married to a couple of those.Its true.

Hitndahedfred likes this.
  12. solo2racr

solo2racr Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow

"Dumber than owl shit" comes to mind.

MaxPete likes this.
  13. jonesey

jonesey Dyed in the wool 650 nut

My all time favourite ;- Useless --- About as useful as a chocolate tea pot. Also as much use as tits on a Bull.
    A good fit ---Like a rat up a drain

MaxPete likes this.
  14. or on
    or a bowling ball.

couple months of rough sledding; Summer in Wisconsin.

15. ron bayless

ron bayless XS650 Addict

If you dont like the weather just wait a few minutes.Its either too hot too cold too wet or too windy in texas. That can be all in 1 day.

MaxPete likes this.
  16. Someone who isn't very nice: he's got a personality like a sh!t sandwich.

ron bayless likes this.
  17. azman857

azman857 '80 XS 650SG Rider

Of a good deal, "Now that's a gonga". I heard it came from a local TV commercial. Of the heat in the summer, Is it hot enough for ya?, or before the Monsoon season , "But it's a dry heat"

18. ron bayless

ron bayless XS650 Addict

sweatin like a whore in church.

MaxPete and queenslegs like this.