stator wire routing

breahn riley

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I'm having trouble remembering what keeps the stator wires out of the way of the sprocket. I think there is a bracket that goes on the pushrod, I think? I can't find a cam to take a pic of what I'm talking about. If anyone could fill me in I would be very happy.

There is a guard for the shift shaft that holds the wires back at that point. A bit father back there is a metal clip that was mounted on the case. Most of the clips are gone.They rust of where they mount to the case. A few zip ties around the frame hold mine.

Ok, the shift shaft. I didn't know what that was called. How does it fasten to the shift shaft. There is a huge amount of play when I put the bracket on the shift shaft. Its like I need a bushing for my bracet. Do you have a photo Leo? This is def somethin I wish I took a photo of when I ripped my engine apart.

- or this

P5190002.jpg

The shift shaft guard is held in place by one of the cover bolts under the shift shaft and the under the nut on the stud that holds the case halves together behind the shift shaft.
Behind the stud and above the motor mount is an oval boos on the case, A metal clip mounted on the boss and wrapped around the wires. All these things are cleary visible in inxs's pic.
The way inxs used the adle clamps is clever. Adle clamp is the rubber coved clamp that inxs has holding the wires.

Good one there inxs. On my junk parts bike I noticed the stator wires were nipped a bit and wondered how many of these 'ave been parked due to it. That'll be a better upgrade than the tie wrap I'm using now. Thanks.

Thanks, I got it all figured out. For some reason I thought the wires ran above the sprocket? I also thought that bracket went on the shaft in front of the sprocket but realized how it went back together. Thanks for the help. Take a look at my new engine knocking thread and let me know what you think. If I don't get to ride soon I'm goin to loose it.

Back